Need help installing Myth 2

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
phidippus

Need help installing Myth 2

Post by phidippus »

I am trying to run Myth 2 on a laptop running Windows 8.1. I insert the disc and get the pop up menu but when I select Install, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Need help installing Myth 2

Post by Pyro »

The CD might be scratched so the installer might not work. You can do a manual installation. Do the following:

Create a "Myth II" folder where you want the game installed like in "Program Files (x86)". Copy the "tags" folder found in the CD and paste it into that new Myth II folder. Download the latest Myth2 update and run it. Select that Myth II folder when the updater asks for the folder that is used for Myth 2 since it won't know where you have the game installed. That's it. Go to Gate of Storms if you want to play online for co-operative and/or team games. You can find plugins at the Tain.
akula65

Re: Need help installing Myth 2

Post by akula65 »

Also, see Pyro's thread with the correct MD5 hashes for all foundation tag files for pretty much any Myth II media you may come across:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... f=4&t=6618

If the installer is failing due to scratches or deterioration of the CD-ROM, it's a good idea to make sure the critical data files aren't corrupted as well.