Multiplayer Ultimate Team Battle Crash in 1.8 on Mac

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
STX535

Multiplayer Ultimate Team Battle Crash in 1.8 on Mac

Post by STX535 »

Hi, I used to play Myth multiplayer quite a bit two years ago and I recently wanted to play multiplayer on my 2012 MacBook Pro Retina. I am able to play The Gimble with my friend on his iMac. But neither of us could host any game using Ultimate Team Battles or Frenzy. We are both on Macs running 10.9 (Mavericks).

In both cases, I have checked and unchecked TFL. I tried uninstalling 1.8 and installing an earlier version but I still get the crash. In all scenarios, one of us hosts the game over TCP/IP and we can set up the game (Lichen Ultra Violent being a favorite) and capture the flag, etc. The game starts to load and then crashes taking me back to the start up screen.

I don't have any other plugins installed other than Patches. Any suggestions?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Multiplayer Ultimate Team Battle Crash in 1.8 on Mac

Post by Pyro »

Load up Myth2. Try hosting the map, after it crashes close Myth. Go to your Myth II folder and find the "myth_log" text file. Copy/paste what it contains into your next post. It will have clues as to what is wrong.
STX535

Post by STX535 »

I'm pasting the Error log below. I'm not sure what the fix would be. I removed and reinstalled everything. Same problem.

2014-11-27 16:12:56
Myth II |iUniversal|p Build 427 running under MacOS 1092 (Intel) ----------------------------------------------
Loading poweruser.txt... not found.
DEBUG: Updating monolithic tag cache:
Initial count: 19
Number removed: 0
Number added: 0
New count: 19
INFO: ignoring non-required patch file 'Patch 1.4 Interface'
INFO: ignoring non-required patch file 'Patch MariusNet'
DEBUG: Adding 13 monolithic tags:
small install
medium install
large install
international small install
international large install
Patch 1.2
Patch 1.3
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.5
MariusNet
Patch 1.8 Interface
Patch Templates
Demo Detail Textures
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M OpenGL Engine | NVIDIA Corporation | OpenGL 2.1
Warning: Unable to find cutscene 'prologue.smk'.
Error: File system Open in /Myth/Myth2Code/definitions.c, line #471: couldn't read header for collection definition 'zkgp'.
Error: File system Open in /Myth/Myth2Code/definitions.c, line #471: couldn't read header for collection definition 'zkgp'.
Error: File system Open in /Myth/Myth2Code/definitions.c, line #471: couldn't read header for collection definition 'zgyr'.
Running OpenGL 2.1 at 1920 x 1200
Starting mesh "Lichen (Ultra Violent)" with 2 plugins...
Patch 1.5 Unity
Magma - Ultimate Team Battles
Using 1.8.0 gameplay...
OpenGL: Initialized with ErasePreviousFrame=1, MaxAnisotropy=8, MSAASamples=1, UseDepthTest=1, UseMipMaps=1, UseNPO2Textures=1, UseShaders=1, UpdateCMapChunked=1, UseCMapTiles=1, UseAppleClientStorage=1
Error: File system Open in /Myth/Myth2Code/definitions.c, line #471: couldn't read header for collection reference definition 'wamu'.
Error: File system Open in /Myth/Myth2Code/definitions.c, line #622: media definition postprocess failed on '88 muddy media'.
Error: File system Open in /Myth/Myth2Code/definitions.c, line #622: mesh definition postprocess failed on '431 88 lichen (ultra violent)'.
Warning: Unable to find cutscene 'prologue.smk'.
Closing Myth.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

STX535 wrote:Demo Detail Textures
The problem is that you installed the demo and not the full game. You probably installed the update on top of the demo. The update is for the full game only. The demo is always updated to the latest version each time a new update is released for the full game.

So uninstall that, and install the full game. If you don't have a copy of Myth2, you can buy one from eBay or Amazon for a few dollars. (Or find a copy somewhere online.)
STX535

Post by STX535 »

I'll do that. Thanks.