New Windows 8 Crash?

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Platinum

New Windows 8 Crash?

Post by Platinum »

So this morning I power on my new laptop to resume from sleep mode, and nothing happens. A few lights flash, then it emits a steady audible BEEP with all the lights off. It stops when I press the power button again. It wouldn't turn on all day, until just now. When it loaded up, it said "computer was not shut down properly" and went through some sort of diagnostic scan in the background while booting up. It appears to be working completely fine now.

Anyone have any idea what this was a sign of?
GodzFire

Re: New Windows 8 Crash?

Post by GodzFire »

That you bought a Windows OS?

(Sorry, totally troll comment, but couldn't help it. FYI sounds like a possible heat issue)
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Not OS related, despite Godz trolling. BIOS beeps indicate some sort of hardware problem during POST usually. If it was one long beep you should check in your motherboard manual if that is a specific indicator for any kind of error. Coming out of sleep (sounds more like it was coming out of hibernate, i.e. cold boot from BIOS) it's quite unlikely that it's heat related, although you can run some monitoring tools if you are concerned.

My first bet would be on memory or something similar. Run a memtest overnight and see if it finds anything.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

GodzFire wrote:That you bought a Windows OS?

(Sorry, totally troll comment, but couldn't help it. FYI sounds like a possible heat issue)
post by GodzFire » 30 Dez 2011 20:59

So how much evidence do we need before Krok gets rightly banned, or are you guys still turning a blind eye and hoping it just resolves itself?

http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... ned#p56886
just like he wanted to for others, will be applied to him the same judgment Image
So how much evidence do we need before GODZFIRE gets rightly banned, or are you guys still turning a blind eye and hoping it just resolves itself?
Julio :lol:
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

To be entirely frank Julio, I'm starting to get more annoyed by your posts than Godzfire's. You're spamming and trolling as bad as he is by bringing it up every time Godz makes a post. It isn't helping anyone.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Graydon wrote:To be entirely frank Julio, I'm starting to get more annoyed by your posts than Godzfire's. You're spamming and trolling as bad as he is by bringing it up every time Godz makes a post. It isn't helping anyone.
Graydon,

you're right, sorry, sorry all :wink:
Julio