1.8 Autosave

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Platinum

1.8 Autosave

Post by Platinum »

Why at the start of every new coop level when playing offline mode prompt an autosave at the start of every game? Does this for all plugins after beating a level and moving on to the next one, and it never saves as the same autosave, so it keeps compiling save files under my saved games menu. Thanks.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: 1.8 Autosave

Post by Pyro »

New Auto-Save feature for single player will create save games whenever a new level is reached.
To give the player a backup in case they lose or quit the game before saving a game to keep their vets. I guess the reason for it creating a new saved game instead of the using the same one is to let the user go back and make different choices like trying to keep more vets alive or something.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Hmm I'm not seeing an option to turn that ability off. Can you point me to where that is in the prefs?
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Okay wasn't sure. But yeah would like to toggle the feature off at times.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I'm not sure there is an 'off' toggle for auto saves? There might be, but really, they're 1-2kb files... what's it matter? Just purge the folder once in a while. Everything is autosaved by date and time, so it should be no issue to delete autosaves from X date to Y date. That is, if you're really concerned about the few KBs they take up....
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

It's a feature I can't turn off. Any feature that is added should always have the ability to turn it off if someone doesn't want it.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

GodzFire wrote:It's a feature I can't turn off. Any feature that is added should always have the ability to turn it off if someone doesn't want it.
While in this specific case I think it would be reasonable to have a way to turn the feature off, saying that "any feature that is added' should be able to be turned off is probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard anyone say. It's reminiscent of the kinds of things non-programmers/non-UI people say a lot, but it's way over the top. Just imagine the interface. Either the preference screen would be 7 or 8 screens of toggle-able preferences or you'd have to have a preferences / poweruser file that would have hundreds of of switches.