Twice Born Vet units auto distribute out of my control

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Vallerus Titus

Twice Born Vet units auto distribute out of my control

Post by Vallerus Titus »

I'm running myth 1.8 and in the solo campaign when the mission twice born loads, I noticed only a handful of my veteran units were actually in my control. Most of my arcs and zerks are in the blue computer controlled squads, and although it doesn't effect the actual game (so idk if this is a technical issue), it's generally frustrating and kind of defeats the purpose of having played the earlier levels through especially since almost all of my best veteran units are not in my squad, only the newer ones are which is very strange.

This isn't a dire emergency by any means, but having changed computers in the last year I set out to beat myth 2 again for the 1000th time however I have downloaded so many plugins and updates since discovering project magma and the online community in the last few months that I can't tell what causes the problem. I recall beating the game on normal immediately after updating to 1.8 and with the texture megapack so I don't think it's an issue with that.
The hints section on this level details a lot of online play options that are now available for co op, and I don't recall seeing that before, so whatever plugin would have added those options may be responsible, I just don't know for sure. Any advice would be appreciated however I must warn I'm not particularly in tune with computer programming or really anything in this field, it took me over a day to locate the plugins folder so I'm basically computer retarded.
juliocpaes

Re: Twice Born Vet units auto distribute out of my control

Post by juliocpaes »

Vallerus Titus wrote:I'm running myth 1.8 and in the solo campaign when the mission twice born loads, I noticed only a handful of my veteran units were actually in my control. Most of my arcs and zerks are in the blue computer controlled squads, and although it doesn't effect the actual game (so idk if this is a technical issue), it's generally frustrating and kind of defeats the purpose of having played the earlier levels through especially since almost all of my best veteran units are not in my squad, only the newer ones are which is very strange.

This isn't a dire emergency by any means, but having changed computers in the last year I set out to beat myth 2 again for the 1000th time however I have downloaded so many plugins and updates since discovering project magma and the online community in the last few months that I can't tell what causes the problem. I recall beating the game on normal immediately after updating to 1.8 and with the texture megapack so I don't think it's an issue with that.
The hints section on this level details a lot of online play options that are now available for co op, and I don't recall seeing that before, so whatever plugin would have added those options may be responsible, I just don't know for sure. Any advice would be appreciated however I must warn I'm not particularly in tune with computer programming or really anything in this field, it took me over a day to locate the plugins folder so I'm basically computer retarded.
Hi Vallerus,
I never saw it in my long years mything :o
whats solo level where happened units stay blue? (arcs and zerks)
Big Julio
Vallerus Titus

Post by Vallerus Titus »

Hey,
It's the level twice born where you control Alric and a squad, and the computer controls 2 squads of soldiers on the west and east flank.
For some reason all my veteran units appear in the computer controlled squads and my squad with Alric is mostly fresh units.
I believe this was done to balance co-op play but it says in the hints that it should play as normal for solo, but this is not how it used to be in the original game.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Here is the Twice Born vet fix I made that should help. Make sure you read the included instructions.
Vallerus Titus

Post by Vallerus Titus »

Pyro wrote:Here is the Twice Born vet fix I made that should help. Make sure you read the included instructions.
Wow thanks, it worked perfectly, this is awesome, I'm totally satisfied with this. It's honestly awesome that you guys care so much about this game. Almost no other game I can think of has such dedicated support, and this is honestly one of the best game engines ever designed, so great that people still care about it and keep it alive for the remaining fans. Thanks.