Touchpad on Windows 8 Issue

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Platinum

Touchpad on Windows 8 Issue

Post by Platinum »

When I play using my touchpad (mouse not plugged in), anytime I press a key and try to move the touchpad, the mouse pointer stops in place and won't move until I let go of the key. Like if I press T for a T-click move, I can't move the mouse once the T is pressed. Any ideas?
Platinum

Re: Touchpad on Windows 8 Issue

Post by Platinum »

Actually it seems like this is the same case whether I'm running Myth or not. Must be some weird Windows preference.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

A Windows 8 issue, who knew?
akula65

Post by akula65 »

Some laptop users actually prefer not seeing cursor movement due to accidental touchpad contact while typing, so manufacturers have created control mechanisms to address this issue. Synaptics refers to the setting as PalmCheck, but other manufacturers may have different names for it. Here is how to change the behavior of a Synaptics touchpad under Windows 8 (should be similar for other touchpads):

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/21 ... ndows.html
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Yeah I turned that on thinking it would help since your palms do come close to touching the trackpad. Turning that off solved the issue though, thanks.