Backing Up Myth Files

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Platinum

Backing Up Myth Files

Post by Platinum »

I have a question about backing up Myth files. I was under the impression when I back up the entire file folder, in this case to my external hard drive, that all I would have to do is copy and paste it back onto my hard drive, or a hard drive on any computer, and it would start working. That was not the case, and I had to install Myth using the original CD and then move over the rest of the files that didn't transfer.

Also, if I got just a USB key, and dragged and dropped my entire Myth folder onto it, would I be able to access and play Myth by clicking on the game button while accessing from the USB key? Also, if I drag and drop from the USB key to another computer, would it still need reinstalled with the CD and what not?
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: Backing Up Myth Files

Post by Melekor »

You can back it up by just copying the folder, if it didn't work you must have done it wrong.

You could indeed run myth off a usb key, just be aware this will cause extra wear and tear on the usb key.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Backing Up Myth Files

Post by Pyro »

Like Mel said. You did something wrong. Make sure you were not running Myth when you made the copy, could be some files were not copied while in use. Also if the computer is different from the original, you may want to delete the preferences folder to "reset" the copy. A wrong preference setting can prevent the game from working.