Thrall unit animation

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Nobody55

Thrall unit animation

Post by Nobody55 »

Howdy, So I recently installed Myth 1.8 and its mostly been smooth sailing, but I've encountered an issue with the "tfl gameplay" option. I've noticed that this option now replaces original myth 2 units with higher res tfl ones which is awesome. But when it's activated I encounter some weird glicthy-ness with the thrall units who, (for lack of a better term) lag. It's odd because the other units move normally. Everything else seems to work fine, but the thralls move in slower motion, and their animation is choppy. Anyone know what might be causing this? Again it's only when I've activated tfl gameplay.

Anyways I really dig 1.8, it's quite impressive to see what Magma's done with this gem of a game! to any Magma folks who read this, thanks for keeping Myth alive!
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: Thrall unit animation

Post by Melekor »

Are you sure you aren't just noticing the lower framerate of the TFL animations? The TFL animations are mostly about half the framerate of the Myth II ones. The thrall walk animation runs at 3.75 fps, compared to the Myth II one at 10fps. If you can, try playing the original TFL and see if there's any difference.
Nobody55

Re: Thrall unit animation

Post by Nobody55 »

Well I don't have a copy of TFL anymore, but I did check out a video and it seems like you must be right. Didn't realize that there was such a difference in fps between the two games! Thanks for the reply.