Can't Get Magma's - Detailed Texture Pack to work

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Aether

Can't Get Magma's - Detailed Texture Pack to work

Post by Aether »

Hey Guys,

So I just re-installed Myth II and Magma's v1.8 patch and am trying to get the detailed texture pack to work. I followed the instructions in the readme, putting the plugin file in the plugins folder, and made sure my preferences had landscape textures and directX11 or OpenGL selected. Only when I go to play multiplayer none of the maps show up.

I've tried everything I can think of including re-installing the game and plugin, going on this forum and looking at previous posts about this issue with no changes. Looking at the myth_log file its finding the plugin, but its like it never loads it. I've even tried installing other plugins and they work. Anyone have any idea what could be going on? Below is a copy of my log file in case that helps. I've also attached a screenshot of my preferences.

2014-01-11 14:46:43
Myth II Build 427b running under Modern Windows 6.010000 ----------------------------------------------
Loading poweruser.txt... not found.
DEBUG: Updating monolithic tag cache:
Initial count: 16
Number removed: 0
Number added: 5
New count: 21
INFO: ignoring non-required patch file 'Patch MariusNet'
DEBUG: Adding 13 monolithic tags:
small install
medium install
large install
international small install
international large install
Patch 1.2
Patch 1.3
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.5
MariusNet
Patch 1.8 Interface
Patch Templates
Magma - Detail Texture Megapack
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for Direct3D devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for DirectX 11 devices...
Found adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Found 1 to use
Scanning for 3Dfx devices...
Found 0 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
GeForce GTX 660/PCIe/SSE2 | NVIDIA Corporation | OpenGL 4.2
Initializing sound with OpenAL...
OpenAL initialized successfully.
Aether

Re: Can't Get Magma's - Detailed Texture Pack to work

Post by Aether »

Whoops forgot to attach, here it is.
Attachments
Myth II - Preferences.JPG
Myth II - Preferences.JPG (100.47 KiB) Viewed 2395 times
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

Aether wrote:Only when I go to play multiplayer none of the maps show up.
Are the solo levels showing the improved textures?
For manuals and tips about Myth, visit http://tinyurl.com/MythGuides
Aether

Post by Aether »

No they aren't, I just hadn't tested them until you asked me which is why I put it like that. Its very odd, its like the game never actually loads the texture pack plugin, but its loading all my other map pack plugins.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Just to be clear, you're not looking for the name "Magma - Detail Texture Megapack" to show up in the tagset or mapset selector lists, right? The textures plug will not show up like that, it is a special kind of plugin which is always active, you just need to have 'landscape textures' on in preferences, and play any level (which is supported by the pack) to see them.

The log you posted doesn't show that you tried to play a map. Try this: load up willow creek and press f11 a few times. Does it show detail textures being toggled on/off or does it just say off all the time? Post your log after that, it might contain more helpful details about your OpenGL settings.

Another thing that's curious is that your log claims to have found one DirectX 11 device, and yet DirectX 11 doesn't show up as a choice in your preferences. I don't know how that's possible. Are your graphics card drivers fully updated?
Aether

Post by Aether »

Thanks so much Melekor! It ended up being I just needed to hit F11 in game to toggle it on. I obviously misunderstood what the plugin did, because I thought it gave me those maps as well as updating the textures so I was looking for it in the mapset selector lists.

The directx 11 thing was just because I tried running in Compatability mode to see if that would change anything, so DirectX11 wasn't showing up in preferences because of that.

God I feel stupid right now lol. Anyway thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it.