Myth II 1.8 GNU/Linux installation

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
akula65

Re: Myth II 1.8 GNU/Linux installation

Post by akula65 »

First, I would suggest that you post the contents of your myth_log.txt file so we can see it. It may give a clue as to the problem.

This link MIGHT offer an explanation of the sound issue, assuming you have correctly installed the 32-bit libraries:

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/ ... stallation
Sound

After doing this, DF will run, but will complain that it cannot find the OpenAL library and cannot play sounds, even when OpenAL (i386) has been installed. This is due to a bug/feature in which there is no link from the name of the library that DF is looking for ("libopenal.so") to its implementation ("libopenal.so.1" - technically another link). To fix this, simply provide the necessary links in DF's own libs directory:
Assuming this is the cause of the problem, the exact commands given on that page won't fix the problem for Myth II. You might try using the commands with the changes I have indicated below. This will create a set of soft links to the libraries within your Myth II directory (there is no /libs directory for Myth II). The last command may or may not be necessary, but that library is installed on my system, so I would create it as well.

Code: Select all

$ cd df_linux/libs (<== replace this directory with your Myth II directory)
 $ ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libopenal.so.1 ./libopenal.so (<== use the actual location of the libopenal.so.1 link, it may be different)
 $ ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libsndfile.so.1 ./libsndfile.so (<== use the actual location of the libsndfile.so.1 link, it may be different)
This may not work if the Myth II application directory is not the starting place for a library search, but it is worth a shot. You can always delete the soft links you create without hurting anything.
toffuuu2010

Post by toffuuu2010 »

i got it to work now had to use ubuntu software center and basically searched by typing openal i386 and that was not installed, so installed it, then launched the game all sounds work now :D Image
slamelov

Post by slamelov »

Finally, I solved. Remember, this is valid for 64bits SO

Open terminal and type

aptitude search libgtk2.0-0
i   libgtk2.0-0                   - GTK+ graphical user interface library                                                         
p   libgtk2.0-0:i386              - GTK+ graphical user interface library
sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-0:i386
And then

sudo apt-get install libxtst6:i386
Myth 2 installs, but then doesn't work, appears the error (in console):

error while loading shared libraries: libGLU.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
So, type:

locate libGLU.so.1
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLU.so.1
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLU.so.1.3.1
dpkg -S libGLU.so.1
libglu1-mesa:amd64: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLU.so.1
libglu1-mesa:amd64: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLU.so.1.3.1

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt-get install libglu1-mesa:i386
For the sound: