Can't alt-tab during offline gameplay.

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Platinum

Can't alt-tab during offline gameplay.

Post by Platinum »

I cannot alt tab during offline gameplay. I use windowed mode. It's like it will switch to a background program, but the Myth game screen stays up. So it'll pause when I "alt-tab" but it doesn't minimize. Any thoughts?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Can't alt-tab during offline gameplay.

Post by Pyro »

Alt tab needs to have another program to switch to, if you have nothing, then it probably won't work. Try Alt-Enter and just switch to something else. Then alt-enter again to make the game go to fullscreen.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

I always have something running in the background but I'll try those.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Alt+enter works, but it only windows the game. Regular alt-tab still won't work during offline gameplay.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

As Pyro says, there has to be another active window (like a browser or something). In any case, if you're planning to actively do something in another window, pressing alt-enter to put myth into a regular window first makes the most sense. No other game handles this any differently as it's an OS thing - in fact most other games handle it worse.
Platinum

Post by Platinum »

Like I said, there is ALWAYS the same background applications running. Nothing is different between multi/offline. The offline flat out is NOT working. I've never had this problem on ANY other version.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Well I don't know what to tell you. I don't know of any technical way that it could be different between offline and multiplayer mode...
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

I think there has been a misunderstanding here. By OP's description, alt-tab is working fine, but the problem is that myth doesn't minimize when he alt-tabs.

The answer is, this is how windowed-fullscreen mode is supposed to work. This makes it possible to have myth running fullscreen on one monitor, while alt-tabbed and working with other programs on another monitor. If you want myth to minimize when not in focus, use automatic or fullscreen mode. Or, you can press alt-enter to put myth into a window, then click the minimize button.

Perhaps in a future version, we can add an option to always minimize when alt tabbing.