fullscreen main menu issue

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
snakebyte

fullscreen main menu issue

Post by snakebyte »

hi all, first big thanks to the people who keep updating this game and keeping it going always liked myth.

I have an issue with the fullscreen menu for the project magma update. 1.8 I know it's my display settings since many programs, especially old dos games in emulators do this to me.

I have been using my tv as a monitor for a few weeks and certain things get "cutoff". in myth ii, the edges of all four sides get cutoff a bit (enough to hide mouse cursor) and it appears as a 4:3 image. the 4:3 image is not a huge deal to me as it would look bad stretched. a print screen shows the full image. My tv had over-scan on the HDMI port so I use the nvidia control panel to resize the desktop to the actual borders. I have scaling turned off on my gfx card. in actual game, the screen is stretched to the proper resolution my monitor and card are at and looks fine.

Has anyone else seen this issue with the fullscreen menu only? it does it to cutscenes as well. i can live with it or use windowed menu, but it ends up so small compared to my monitor.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: fullscreen main menu issue

Post by Pyro »

Some people have seen it with the main menu at fullscreen. It varies by monitors and graphics drivers. In some cases it can be fixed by using the auto-adjust button some monitors have. For now there is no fix but it is something that has been looked into for future updates. The main menu uses 640x480 resolution, if you know of a way to alter how your computer displays that resolution it might help with your issue.

Another thing you could try is a slightly expanded interface. It uses 800x600 resolution which is still has the 4:3 aspect ratio, but maybe your tv or monitor can display that better than 640x480.
snakebyte

Post by snakebyte »

thanks pyro, the expanded interface worked right away. I think it has to do with me having to resize my desktop. i don't have a direct 1:1 pixel mode on my tv without getting into the service menu and those codes are hard to find. the default resolution reported by the tv is 1280x720 but there is overscan on every edge.

I have to scale down to 1216x676 for things to not be cutoff on the desktop even. for some reason 800x600 and larger resolutions get resized properly by the graphics card.

That also explains why it happens to old dos games too, but you can tweak dosbox settings to stretch it.

it shows up like an 800x600 image should and gamepaly is set to my actual rez which is fully expanded like it should be.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Nice, another win for the expanded interface :D
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

PS. I lurv the expanded interface. I vote that the one with the plugin-preview box be embedded in the next official release.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

I feel like it should be included with Myth.

But I understand why it's not.

However, you can never go back.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD