Balor's Head Is Missing!

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
rja227

Balor's Head Is Missing!

Post by rja227 »

Hi Everyone.

I hope this is the right place to post this. I have done several searches with no luck.

My kids found some of my old games during a cleanup and wanted to play Myth (I have the original CD's for both The Fallen Lords and Soulblighter). I downloaded the updaters and installed Myth II from the CD on my Mac Pro running 10.8.4. I installed The Fallen Levels v2 and Detail Texture Megapack plugins. We started playing The Fallen Lords and everything was fine. We played it all day and got through the entire game except for the last level. On starting The Great Devoid, Balor's head is nowhere to be found. We replayed the previous level, The Last Battle, to make sure something didn't go wrong there but everything seemed ok with that.

My kids are upset we played the whole game without being able to quite finish it. Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Richard
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: Balor's Head Is Missing!

Post by Melekor »

It should be right there at your start location when you play "The Great Devoid". If it's really not there, upload a zip file containing your save game and we'll try to see what happened.
Attachments
screenshot--2013-07-09-21.01.jpg
screenshot--2013-07-09-21.01.jpg (136.18 KiB) Viewed 2065 times
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

It sounds like you have Myth2's Blood Lock enabled. This makes it so blood and gore is not shown and instead you see stars. Balor's head is marked as bloody so that feature makes it not show up.

To disable, go to Preferences. Click on "Unlock No Blood". This will show Balor's head as well as blood and gore. Did you enabled "Lock No Blood" or was it just on by default for you?
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Ahh yes, that would explain it very nicely. I'm embarrassed I didn't think of that now :facepalm: Well, in any case this should be added to the to-fix list for the fallen levels v3.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Melekor wrote:Ahh yes, that would explain it very nicely. I'm embarrassed I didn't think of that now :facepalm: Well, in any case this should be added to the to-fix list for the fallen levels v3.

The Road north also has this issue, where it's very hard to tell where to go with the blood lock on.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
rja227

Post by rja227 »

Thanks Pyro. That was the problem. All fixed now.

I remember now that when I played Myth years ago that there was always a lot of blood. And now I kept seeing all these stars and wondered if they must have changed something. The blood must have been off by default to start with.

Anyway, thanks for your help everybody and keep up the good work.

Richard
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Yeah, there was a minor bug on 1.8.0 build 424 that made it enabled by default. It was fixed for 1.8.0 build 427 with a few other minor changes.