Blank 1.8 Installer

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
MR BIG BKK

Blank 1.8 Installer

Post by MR BIG BKK »

On OS X 10.6.8, Myth 1.7.2 installed. I've downloaded the 1.8 installer twice, restarted w/same result. Any ideas?
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z210 ... 5440PM.png or http://tinyurl.com/pk4bc35.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Blank 1.8 Installer

Post by Pyro »

I think your post was overlooked because people thought you would have noticed this other thread about a user having the same problem. A temporary solution will be posted on that thread in a while.
MR BIG BKK

Post by MR BIG BKK »

Aye, yes I did but it seemed a different issue since my installer window is just blank and I experience no freezes.
What HAS worked is the manual install, yay. Now to figger out how to do the new game server
Thanks.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Is your system up to date? Please try running software update and install any updates it may list and see if the issue still persists after this.

(I believe the blank screen is due to a faulty Java version that Apple corrected.)
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I'm still having this instance (completely blank freeze on launch) of the problem today, and I've run my updates. Was there ever an official fix for this? /Hi Myrd =)
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Did you check out this post by Myrd and the one after it? I know you said you ran your updates, but maybe java is separate/optional update or something?