Minor problem with loading certain levels TFL missions

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
myth_is_pleasure

Minor problem with loading certain levels TFL missions

Post by myth_is_pleasure »

First of all, thanks so much for the wonderful new release of Myth 1.8, as well as the enormous Dtex pack from Jon God!!!!!

I am running on win 7 64bit with the 1.8 422 build.

I have also enabled the Myth HD Total Conversion v1 tagset, which is so awesome!! I barely even knew about its release, I feel like it deserves to be promoted on Magma or the Tain.

So far Myth 2 works flawlessly and looking damn good!

When I load a couple of levels from TFLv2 however, I simply get kicked back to the main menu.

The levels are Smiths of Muirthemne and Heart of Stone.

When I disable the HD tagset, they load up fine.

I haven't had any other problems and am extremely impressed with the state of myth 2.
GodzFire

Re: Minor problem with loading certain levels TFL missions

Post by GodzFire »

That's because there are most likely some tag conflicts between the two plugins trying to use the same units.

The reason the HD tagset isn't mentioned or hosted on Marius.net, PM, or the Tain is because Renwood, the main creator, basically first got the source materials from PM under a different guise and then threatened to report PM to Take 2 if they didn't help him. The final straw was when he then tried to pass off those materials as being found by himself and asking for 'donations' as he called it, to help out his project and then 'share' them with the rest of the community (even though they were unjustly taken by him in the first place, which he never mentioned).
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

You should try those 2 levels without the High Res tagset and see if you have the same problems.

If you don't have the problem then the source of the problem is the High Res tagset. You can contact it's author(s) at thegjol.com - which you probably could have guessed since you already have the tagset and that's about the only place the tagset is advertised with links to download.
myth_is_pleasure

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

Its really unfortunate to learn about the fraud/theft/dishonesty behind the hd tagset. I remember something about a breakoff from magma due to alleged greed/dishonesty etc with a kickstarter, but I thought it was for a Myth IV project. I actually snagged the Myth IV 1.3 demo a long time ago and it appears to be the same material or almost the same... So I guess that makes sense. I don't really pay enough attention to whats going on here. I just love playing myth and keep checking for updates every couple months.

I'd just like to repeat that with 1.8 you guys have really outdone yourselves; Myth is really better than ever and substantially better than 1.7.2 imo. I'm even getting my friends to play it now with all the modern features and most are shocked that no other game of the same sort has been made in the last 15-20 years.

I did run the levels without the plugin, and they load up fine, so its all HD tagset.

Thanks again for everything! If I pass the bar and manage to get employed, I would like to make a donation to everyone who works on these projects.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Those levels load fine for me even with the HD tagset. Maybe your copy of the HD tagset is corrupted? Can you post your myth_log.txt after the level load fails? Perhaps it will contain a hint.
myth_is_pleasure

Melekor,

I'm nub. Its the TFL Gameplay thats doing it. The levels load fine without it checked. Any ideas why some load with it checked and some dont?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

The tagset must have tags that conflict with the tags used with TFL gameplay.
Jiang

Post by Jiang »

Can someone help me please.

I put the Myth HD tagset in my plugins folder and have the right preference settings and cannot see it listed in my in-game list of tagsets or plugs

Do I have to load or activate it from the game menu before it will load and where do I do that .

Thanks,

Jiang
Jiang

Post by Jiang »

Sorry nevemind just saw the "tagsets"