Linux v 1.7.2 no intro played

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
panorain

Linux v 1.7.2 no intro played

Post by panorain »

Hi, I ran the installer and successfully installed v1.7.2 build 378 on Ubuntu 10.04. I have installed: Magma the Fallen Levels v2. I also added the TFL_cutscenes to the cutscenes subfolder. When I start up the game I see 'Replay Intro' is greyed out, no intro movie was played. The 11 TFL_cutscenes are in .Mov format.

Thank you,
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Linux v 1.7.2 no intro played

Post by Pyro »

Do you have QuickTime installed? Is the "cutscenes" folder in the right place in the Myth II folder? Are the cutscenes in a subfolder or in the root of the "cutscenes" folder? Have you tried the Linux 1.8.0 beta?
panorain

Post by panorain »

Yes the cutscenes are installed in the root of the 'cutscenes folder'. The.mov files play fine in my filemanager. The correct quicktime codecs are installed. I have not tried the 1.8 Beta link I appreciate the link thank you. Should I only need the 11 TDL_cutscenes installed for the intro movie to play?

Thank you,
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Ah, wait. The "Replay Intro" only plays the Myth II intro, not the TFL intro. If you want to see the TFL intro, load the fallen levels plugin, hold shift after selecting the plugin to see the hidden maps. Load the Training Map to see the TFL intro.
panorain

Post by panorain »

I just installed the 1.8-DEV build 417 Beta. Can I installed another set of cutscenes along side the TFL_cutscenes? The shift key doesn't seem to be working.

Thank you,
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

All cutscenes go into the same cutscenes folder, in the root of it. Yes, you can place cutscenes from other plugins in there, so you can have the Myth 2 and TFL cutscenes together since they have different names there will be no conflict.

If you are on 1.8, go to New Game, shift click on the "Magma - The Fallen Levels v2" campaign (which is just another name for plugin with single player or coop maps). This will show the Training Map at the top of the Level list. Load that map to see the TFL intro.

By the way you can watch this 1.8.0 promo video for some info on 1.8.
panorain

Post by panorain »

Yes I can see now how the shift + leftmouse shows training. The games just starts the training map with no Tfl_intro played. When I do select new game 'crowsbridge' a map comes up with the commentators voice. Could you link me to the TFL_cutscenes and MythII cutscene page?

Thank you,
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Using shift is only needed if you can't already select the map. If you play them in order you won't need shift.

I thought you already had the cutscenes? :? Myth2 and MythTFL cutscenes.

If it still does not work, some Linux user will need to help you as I will not know what else to tell you. By the way, I linked you to a 1.8.0 promo video in my last post, but I added it afterwards so you might not have seen it.
panorain

Post by panorain »

Thank you for all your help I would like to hear from other Linux users as to what they have done with the cutscene issues. The link was helpful also since I am a noober.
panorain

Post by panorain »

Sorry to double post I noticed my 'Myth_log.txt' file.

Warning: Failed to play cutscene 'prologue.mov' using ffplay - make sure FFmpeg is installed.

I installed ffmpeg 'apt-get install ffmpeg'

Now I have a prologue when I tick replay intro any ideas how how to start it when I start the game?

Thank you,
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

In your "preferences" folder there are 2 files that deal with your game progress. One is "game" and the other is "game 2". If you delete them and then load Myth it will show the Myth2 intro. It will only do this once, every time you load Myth after that it will not play the intro unless you click on "Replay Intro".

The "game" and "game 2" files keep track of what maps you have played, so if you delete them it is as if you haven't played any map yet.
panorain

Post by panorain »

More good information, I was wondering why the intro only played upon loading once at some point. As I was going through setting file permissions. I had tried deleteing the game, game 2 because Myth_log.txt was creating some errors. Now I have more conclusive anwsers.

Thank you,