Trouble playing MYTH I

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Soukie

Trouble playing MYTH I

Post by Soukie »

Were would one purchase Myth II. I played Myth The fallen lords when it first came out and I hoped to load it today, although I am recieving a unique popup when I try to play. It says I do not have enough RAM and I need to close other running applications. Since I have nothing else running I am a bit vexed! :facepalm:
I use Windows 7 and if I cannot play Myth I, then maybe I should look into Myth II. Will this cause the same issue as the first and if so how am I to fix these issues?
Any help would be wonderful.
Thank you.
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: Trouble playing MYTH I

Post by Melekor »

See my post in the other thread for how to launch the original TFL.

You can find copies of Myth II on amazon and ebay.
Soukie

Post by Soukie »

Thank you. I will take a look at that presently. I appreciate your help.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Soukie wrote:Were would one purchase Myth II. I played Myth The fallen lords when it first came out and I hoped to load it today, although I am recieving a unique popup when I try to play. It says I do not have enough RAM and I need to close other running applications. Since I have nothing else running I am a bit vexed! :facepalm:
I use Windows 7 and if I cannot play Myth I, then maybe I should look into Myth II. Will this cause the same issue as the first and if so how am I to fix these issues?
Any help would be wonderful.
Thank you.
Hey Soukie,

welcome to the forum website myth The Tain.
The series Myth games do not run on Windows current Pc, is need to be updated.
see this link.

here - up date for myth 1

here up date for myth 2

Soukie, any questions ask us, that we answered. Image
Soukie

Post by Soukie »

I will download those. I searched my apartment and I could not find my MYTH II. :( I do however have positive thoughts about getting MYTH I to play. Presently I have struggled to get it to play. I am at 44% presently on the download.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Soukie wrote:I will download those. I searched my apartment and I could not find my MYTH II. :( I do however have positive thoughts about getting MYTH I to play. Presently I have struggled to get it to play. I am at 44% presently on the download.
Dear Soukie,

I love The Myth 2 because of the powerful editors that accompanies the game: "fear & loathing"
so it is possible to create plugins and campaigns, etc...
Soukie

Post by Soukie »

I remember it and how much fun I had. To be honest the best times I remember in the game was playing multiplayer PvP in teams. Were one could get a crown if you won enough games. The group I belonged to let me play the gouls on maps and we would initially heal the wraiths near our area and I would pick up the puss packets for killing archers...hrmm I am actually smiling about those times. Anyway back to reality...... I thought I was pretty good. But, I most likely augment my memories to make me smile. But, dangit I cannot get this game to play. I am not a computer genious.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Soukie,

the original discs installation Myth series of games do not run in Windowns current system such as XP or Win7.
After installing the game Myth 1 or 2 or 3 as I said, you do need an update.
download this file and the folder of your installation Myth do the update.

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/downlo ... tfl-1-5-pc

In the installation folder must have all these dll, make up the file extraction date TLF 1.5 and install it and how will see below.

Soukie

Post by Soukie »

Thank you. I am uninstalling everything and trying all over with the patch. We will see.
Soukie

Post by Soukie »

Were do I purchase MYTH II for download? Recomendations?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

There is no place to legally download Myth2, but you can find cheap copies of it on eBay or Amazon.
Soukie

Post by Soukie »

I am ordering the game. Since I live in New Zealand it will take over a week. Is there people that I might find that wish to be with me? Or is it a stand alone game now?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

As Pyro said in the other topic, people who still play Myth online do so @ mariusnet.
Like the guide I linked you says, you need to register an account at mariusnet.com. There should be a link in that place for "Register". Once you chose a login and password, you use those to log on.

--Pyro
Soukie

Post by Soukie »

I am now able to play. I want to thank everyone. You have really assisted me and made me smile. Thank you all.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Just an FYI, no one players TFL anymore using the original client since it's not updated or maintained. You're much better off getting Myth II and gaming with people using The Fallen Levels plugin for it.