Trouble Playing Myth TFL

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Soukie

Re: Trouble Playing Myth TFL

Post by Soukie »

my new Error message is:
Unable to find the tags.gor file! Please reinstall Myth: The Fallen Lords
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

First of all, no you do not need Windows XP to run the game. Second, the link Melekor gave for the TFL launcher is a ZIP file. When you extract the files from the ZIP file (right click extract all) you will have the launcher executable file, the DLL file, and a text file with instructions on how to use them. If you see an error message, you might have not moved the files into the wrong place. Or your TFL game files are messed up somehow (from a scratched CD for example).

It is a lot easier to just find a copy of Myth 2. Do a "large install" which is the full install and download the plugin that lets you play TFL in Myth2, which is called The Fallen Levels. Keep in mind, files on the Tain are compressed in ZIP format, so you will need to extract the files before moving them into your plugins folder located inside your Myth II folder. You can play online with others over at MariusNet. You can even install the demo for Myth II if you just can't wait to load it up. It only lets you play a few single player and multiplayer maps.
Soukie

Post by Soukie »

OK.
I am going to uninstall everything and start over. As frustrated as I presently am I am willing to start over. I will download the patch as soon as I reinstall my CD. I am hopefull. If this does not work I think I will be done for a bit.