Getting Mazz Patch to work

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
SamualACarver

Getting Mazz Patch to work

Post by SamualACarver »

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but I thought was best. I' having a problem getting the Mazz Patch to work. I have the Omni Patch Program and I have added a Patch before but maybe I have forgotten something. I am also having another problem. I was able to DL some of the Patches but when I click on them now it takes me to a page with a bunch of symbols and words on it. It doesnt DL anything yet some of them I did DL before. I have "RC10a" and some other lower ones but I cant DL "RC10c". I cant DL any of them now just takes me to another page. Then when I try to apply a patch I have that doesnt work. Here is what I have been trying. I have Mazz VI (v.2) I start Omni Patch Select "Apply Patch" in the spot where it says "Drop Patch File" I drop the Patch "RC10a" in the "Drop Original File" box I drop in Mazz VI (v.2) I click "Apply Patch" and I get this message "Invalid Patch File". Another thing I noticed while writing this. I had been opening Omni Patch then opening my Plugins folder where I had the Patches and dragging it to where the Patch Goes then dragging the Mazz PLugin to the Original File spot and I would get that error. Buyt when I try to get the Patch by double clicking where it says too. I cant even find the patch it doesnt even show it anywhere. That is making me wonder if I have an actual Patch file or not. Like I said I was able to DL the Patch files from the site but now when I click the link for the Patch File it takes me to that patch with the letters and symbols. I am totally confused. Here is where I am trying to get the Patch files "http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/UserU ... 'sUploads/" Because when I typed in the link that comes up when I try to join the game in Myth its a different address and when I typed that in I got an error message saying it 404 Error File Not Found" that is at this address which is what comes up when you click to join the game "http://hl.udogs.net/Uploads/UserUploads ... 'sUploads/" Which is the same except for this is missing the word "file" without the word "file" in the address I get the 404 Error Message. How I was able to find the other page the previous one I have here was after I got the 404 Error Message I just typed in "http://hl.udogs.net" which it automatically adds the word "file" to the address that brought me to I guess the Home Page then I followed the links to "Uploads" then "User Uploads" then "Industry's Uploads" that was the page where the Omni Patches were but then like I said I was able to DL some before but now they all take me to that page with the letters and symbols. Anyway I am totally confused can someone help me get this to work? I really like playing Mazz but cant and I have spent a couple hours off and on trying to get this to work.

Thanks in advance
Sam
vinylrake

Re: Getting Mazz Patch to work

Post by vinylrake »

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... 20Uploads/

try right clicking and save-as instead of clicking and letting your browser try to figure out what to do. make sure to leave the file extension (.omp) the same. the page you are seeing when you click on a patch is your browser trying to open the file instead of downloading it. your browser doesn't recognize .omp as a downloadable file type so it's trying to display it for you.
SamualACarver

Post by SamualACarver »

Thanks Vinyl I was able to DL it but know when I try to patch it its starts up but then I get this message " 'Old' File is different from the one used to create this patch! " Can you help me with that?

Thanks
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Usually the file name is a dead give away of what the old file you need to have to patch from. You can't just pick any old version, has to be the one the maker of the patch used to create from. If the file name has "v1 to v2" then you know it is updating the v1 file to become v2.

Also, just because someone puts something in the URL field for a plugin does not mean it is exactly that URL. There is a limit of how many characters can be there, so normally a complete URL from the udogs hotline will not fit. If you have been on the udogs hotline long enough, you can get to what you want without the need to type the exact URL.

Anyone uploading files with no file extensions (like myth plugins, films, etc) should ZIP up the files first. Prevents people from opening the file as a text file.