Myth TFL & Soulblighter

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Bobbert

Myth TFL & Soulblighter

Post by Bobbert »

Ok, first off... "Hi" to everyone. I have always been a HUGE fan of the Myth series. I used to be able to play Myth on my *old pc* which is now gone. =-( So, Recently I'm finding patches to make Myth (TFL and Soulblighter) work on my current PC that is using XP Pro. Problem is that I'm having seems that Soulblighter lags something HORRIBLE. is there a really good patch that can fix this? Or maybe I could get a "really cool patch" that will make **The Total Codex** run really good? Like as-good-as Windows 98 used too.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks so much!

-Bob
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Myth TFL & Soulblighter

Post by Pyro »

Try the latest updates for Myth TFL and Myth 2. Myth2 is still actively updated, but TFL is not since the 1.5 update years ago. If you run into issues that prevent you from playing TFL, you can always run The Fallen Levels plugin for Myth 2 using "TFL Gameplay" checkbox to make it run like TFL.
Bobbert

Post by Bobbert »

OMG! Pyro!!! Thank you SO much!!! I'm plying Myth II *Soulblighter* again and everything is running so smoothly! I'm so happy right now I might crap my pants! I didn't think I'd ever get to play Myth again! Thank you, thank you... THANK YOU!

While I'm here thanking you... out of curiosity... do you know if the WW2 plugin's work... along with "all the other ones" ? I used to play a ninja (single player-single mission) plugin that was pretty cool back in the day. And what about the 7th god? Do you know if these will work as well? I *would* test them out, but right now I'm brewing a pot of coffee and going to see how much of Myth2 I can beat in one night. OMG, i'm so excited. =-D Thank you for pointing me in the correct direction. =-)

-Bob
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Any old plugin should likely keep working as they did. The only exception to this is the type of old plugin that required replacing one of Myth's patch plugins. One such example is The Seventh God, however, those types of plugins were updated to work with updated Myth many years ago. Just find them at the Tain and download them like any other plugin.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Bobbert wrote: ... I used to play a ninja (single player-single mission) plugin that was pretty cool back in the day. -Bob
Bob,

if you ask about "I used to play a ninja (single-mission single player) plugin That was pretty cool back in the day"
I suggest this plugin, of epoch medieval japan (bushido) , the game begins with a ninja.

Here

Julio
akula65

Post by akula65 »

With regard to The Seventh God, see Baak's OoH restoration effort:

http://mirrors.orderofhpak.com/Creation/TheSeventhGod/
Bobbert

Post by Bobbert »

I do own all the box sets to the Myth collection (to my knowledge anyway). I have "Myth the total codex" and "Myth 2 Worlds" http://www.google.com/imgres?q=myth+2+w ... 2,s:0,i:90 and I also own "Myth 3 the wolf age" . So, yeah, with Myth 2 worlds comes the 4 plug-ins The 7th god, Jinn, WW2 Titns and Bushido. I just didn't know how well that single player ninja level works with Windows XP Pro?

Back in the day I can remember beating every level of these box sets without cheting. (except for Myth 3) Although there was this one level in The 7th god that I just couldn't figure out how to beat without cheating. I had to adjust the elf wizards range to be able to shoot half way across the entire map to slowly pick off these goblins that would charge at you as soon as you crossed this gate, when any unit except for the elf would cross it would fry them. I seem to remember reading tip that suggested shooting down one of the flying dragons and to get it to land on the squad of goblins, but I was never able to do that. Does anyone else remember that level?

Thanks for all the feedback... I'm so happy i'm able to play Myth again. =-)
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Whether a particular plugin/map works or not will depend on whether or not Myth II works with your OS or not - there shouldn't be anything in a plugin/map that makes it behave/play differently on different OSes.

So if you have the latest patch for your OS you should be good to go.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

As VR stated, most of those plugins should run fine as long as Myth runs. Though, use the updated versions of TSG and Jinn.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Yes, as usual Pyro is both correct and more precise.

Whether plugins work or not won't be dependent on which OS you are using, you do need not only the latest patch of Myth II, but in the case of 7th God and Jinn, you also need the latest versions of those mods.

Most all the other maps/plugins from Myth Worlds should work fine with the versions found on the CD(s).
Bobbert

Post by Bobbert »

Thank you all for the replies. I have not yet tried The Seventh God yet, I'm to busy re-playing all the original levels. But when I've completed them I'll look to this thread for useful tips.

I hope no-one gets annoyed at me for asking this next question... but is there any hope what-so-ever of some fan-based person or persons putting together an online pvp version of Myth, Myth2 and all the assosiated plugins like was present with the release? Used to be so fun with the rankings and stuff... I never got to the rank of a "crown" but I had fun battling and trying.

I'm so glad I've stumbled onto these forums... Everyone here seems just as much a fan of Myth as me, if not more. =-D
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

You mean something like MariusNet?
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

If you like solo levels then don't miss Sir Mauriac's Tale for TFL
http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/sir-mauriacs-tale

and Chimera for Myth II. Don't forget to install the cutscenes.
http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/chimera