Satchel charge spontaneous explodes

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
SamualACarver

Satchel charge spontaneous explodes

Post by SamualACarver »

Few weeks ago I had a satchel charge explode for no reason. I was dropping the sats and about a half a second after dropping the last one they just exploded. For no reason. I know from Fear that sats arent supposed to explode like that. Ive never seen it happen before. It has actually made me a little paranoid about dropping sats. I was wondering what happened. If I remember correctly you guys a Magma since you have the source code you can follow the program when it is running? Could you maybe find out and tell me what happened? I have the film where can I upload it?

Thanks
Sam
punkUser
Site Admin

Re: Satchel charge spontaneous explodes

Post by punkUser »

You should be able to attach the film to the board here in a reply.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

It is likely the old bug that got fixed already for the upcoming 1.8.0 update. There is a very small chance that any projectile detonates even if they should not be able to.

A change from 1.8.0:
Fixed several off-by-one errors on random probability checks that could cause projectiles to detonate with probability 1/65536 instead of probability 0. This could lead to game breaking bugs if certain things detonated, for example netgame balls.
SamualACarver

Post by SamualACarver »

I never knew we could upload files here. It is a plugin map "The Legend of Gor-Ash" I'm not sure what plugin it is. Maybe a Zac pack. Its a map from a Plugin we were playing in the FFA League. Its a fairly common one I think. On this game I am the white team. The Dwarf starts dropping sats at 6:20 it is a 7 min game so about 40 secs into the game. Sounds like it is probably an "off-by-one error" you mentioned Pyro. I'm curious to know what happened.

Edit
Maybe I am doing something wrong but I cant upload the film. I am clicking on the "Upload attachment" tab Then I click "Browse" select the film. It shows up in the "Filename" box. I clicked "Add the file" and nothing happens. Once I have done that even when I click the "Submit" button nothing happens. I had to exit and then re-open this post and not try to upload the film to add this edit. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks Pyro Zipping it worked.
Attachments
Netgame- Jan 03 20.36.56 2013.zip
(23.16 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Last edited by SamualACarver on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Try ZIPing the file first. If it still doesn't work, maybe its an issue with the browser you are using.
SamualACarver

Post by SamualACarver »

That worked Pyro. I added it to my previous post.
SamualACarver

Post by SamualACarver »

I looked into it. It is a Creation map. "Legend of Gor-Ash"
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Yeah, Pyro is correct, this is another example of the off-by-one detonation probability bug, which has been fixed in 1.8.0