screen slides away incessantly (Mac)

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
ophiochos

screen slides away incessantly (Mac)

Post by ophiochos »

Hi guys

I can'tget Myth II (completely fresh intall) to work here.

Something prompted me to dig out my disk and load Myth II from scratch again. I'm on a MacPro running 10.7.5.

All went well except that at Willow Creek, the screen moved to the right until it had to stop at the edge of the map... hitting keys could interrupt this or move it a different way as well, but I could not get a static view.

This mid 2010 machine has ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024MB graphics card.

I also have my home directory on a separate disk from start-up (this causes problems occasionally eg with Dropbox) but that seems unlikely to be the cause (it usually causes massive errors not minor ones).

What do I do now?;)

Thanks (and thanks to the community for still being here, and for upgrading Myth. Was very surprised I could run it after all these years...if I can...)
GodzFire

Re: screen slides away incessantly (Mac)

Post by GodzFire »

Are you trying to update to the newest version of M2 1.7.2?
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Can you post your myth log?

We've had a couple other people on similar setups (OS X 10.7.x) report similar sounding issues (see this thread: http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... f=4&t=5878). See if any of the advice there helps.
ophiochos

Post by ophiochos »

Restarting solved it (doh). Thanks for the heads-up (I did look for the issue but 'constant panning left' was too succinct for me :? )