Every plugin crashs when Myth Start

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Geradubeux

Every plugin crashs when Myth Start

Post by Geradubeux »

Hi everyone,

I found myself in a strange situacion. I've downloaed the Myth II Demo and the update 1.7.2, in that way i could play 4 lvls, after that, I've downloaed the Fallen Levels, but after the scene when i am ready to start playing, the game crashs and turn back to main menu ( this happen with all plugins that i install ). I dont know what to do, before creat this TOPIC i did search in all thread related to this matter, but i was not able to find a answet that solve my problem.

Thanks.
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: Every plugin crashs when Myth Start

Post by Melekor »

You can't use plugins with the demo, you need the full game for that. You installed the 1.7.2 update on top of the demo which enabled the plugin button, but you don't have the other game files which most plugins depend on. That's why the maps fail to load when you try, and it sends you back to the main menu.
Geradubeux

Post by Geradubeux »

Ok, now i do understand. I am new on forum, where i get the full version ?

Thanks.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

There some Amazon and ebay links here: http://projectmagma.net/what/
Geradubeux

Post by Geradubeux »

Ok. But one last question, since Myth II is a game from 1999, if i buy a cd with a full game, how i am gonna have it instaled on a Windowns 7? Will it work on this system?

Thanks.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

The installer on the CD will still work for Windows (but not for Mac OS X). Even if the installer does not work, you can do a manual installation. The latest update (1.7.2 right now) will place the updated files to make the game work for the latest operating systems like Windows 7 and Mac OS X. (The Mac OS X update comes with an installer to install the game from the CD.)
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

As Pyro says, you install it, then patch it up to 1.7.2 and then you should be able to run it great :)