For Jon God, et al: TFL

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Olong2

For Jon God, et al: TFL

Post by Olong2 »

Some version of this has probably been asked before, but I'll go anyway:

I have really enjoyed the incredible work Jon God has done with the TFL Detail Textures, in conjunction with Magma's "Fallen Levels". So nice to see those old levels in such amazing beauty.

However, I do wonder if there's a way to make the old TFL v1.5 application recognize these Detail Maps. I have a copy of the Magma v1.5 Fallen Lords app around, specifically to view old TFL films under Mac OS X. While it works perfectly, it *is* a drag knowing the Jon God TFL Detail Textures are sitting just one folder away, unused.

Any way to make this happen, or is it technically impossible?

In the reverse, would there be any way to make old TFL films viewable under Myth 2, while the "Fallen Levels" are activated?

Thanks in advance.
GodzFire

Re: For Jon God, et al: TFL

Post by GodzFire »

For making detail textures work in TFL, I can almost say for certain that won't happen. All development for TFL ceased when TFL-mode was added to Myth 2, since it really doesn't make sense to try and support 2 apps when 1 can do both.

As for being able to view TFL films on M2, that's an interesting idea, and sounds possible, however as I'm not a programmer I don't know what all would need to be modified to make that happen, so it could be a lot of work.

We'll see.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Does not sound reasonably possible without being able to support bigger chunks of the TFL code.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Thanks, if you liked that, stay tuned, I got more coming... soon(TM).

I'm Jon God, and I approve this message.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Balor's Nephew

Post by Balor's Nephew »

Forgive my boldness, but it has been a long time since my last activity here, so I stumbled over this thread and got excited by the detailed textures I've seen so far in other threads. Is there already a finished work of this kind for The Fallen Levels? I'm sorry to bother if it's an obvious question, but I wasn't able to find anything in the Tain.

Thanks in advance and with my best wishes
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Balor's Nephew wrote:Forgive my boldness, but it has been a long time since my last activity here, so I stumbled over this thread and got excited by the detailed textures I've seen so far in other threads. Is there already a finished work of this kind for The Fallen Levels? I'm sorry to bother if it's an obvious question, but I wasn't able to find anything in the Tain.

Thanks in advance and with my best wishes
Ah yeah, I am ramping up for (at the very least) a new beta. Just have some tedious testing to do, which has prevented me from getting to it.

As for what it covers: More than you'd expect... probably.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Balor's Nephew

Post by Balor's Nephew »

I'm really looking forward to whatever it is! :D