Language not in english

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
ahad

Language not in english

Post by ahad »

Hello .. i recently installed Myth 2 v 1.7.2 .. the game starts fine but the language is not english both in menus and ingame voices .. i cant even change the language .. is there a fix to this ??
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Language not in english

Post by Pyro »

Right now there is no way to switch languages but in the future there might be. The copy of Myth2 you have does not have the English files with it, just whatever language you are seeing. You would need to find an English copy of the game and then replace the files inside the "\Myth II\tags" directory.
ahad

Post by ahad »

Pyro wrote:Right now there is no way to switch languages but in the future there might be. The copy of Myth2 you have does not have the English files with it, just whatever language you are seeing. You would need to find an English copy of the game and then replace the files inside the "\Myth II\tags" directory.
Thnx for the advice .. but can u suggest where i can find the english version ?? This game is pretty old but one of the most engaging strategy games i had played .. i was totally surprised to find this game updated to run in DX11 cards !! ..
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

The game can still be found in some places like eBay and Amazon. The demo could be downloaded here. However the full game is not legally available for download anywhere.