Myth key mapping issues (1.7.2, Win 7 64 bit)

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.

Myth key mapping issues (1.7.2, Win 7 64 bit)

Post by karma »

Hi friends,

I'm having a very weird issue with myth recently. I use the default controls layout for map movement etc, but for the past few days the "W" key will change and zoom in instead of moving forward. The "S" key stops working entirely and the rotational keys (D,A) do not work correctly either.

When I type messages in game the letters work correctly and when I display the key mapping screen in game nothing has changed. This most recently happened during a game when I tabbed out of myth and then back in. I deleted prefs, local and the myth_log file (did not help).

I ended up completely reinstalling myth once, which still didn't fix the issue. I have tried multiple keyboards, so I know it's not a keyboard issue. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Re: Myth key mapping issues (1.7.2, Win 7 64 bit)

Post by GodzFire »

Anything in your Myth log which comes up?

Post by karma »

Okay - it just happened again. Alt tabbed out of myth, back in and now the W key is zooming. (Right after the last "Starting mesh"). Here's the myth log. It doesn't appear to be different to me, but I dunno!

2012-07-15 11:20:13
Myth II Build 374 running under Modern Windows 6.010000 ----------------------------------------------
Loading poweruser.txt... not found.
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for Direct3D devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for DirectX 11 devices...
Found adapter: ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series
Found 1 to use
Scanning for 3Dfx devices...
Found 0 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
ATI Radeon HD 5900 Series | ATI Technologies Inc. | OpenGL 4.1
Initialized for DirectSound3D using COM
Loading Patch Files...
Patch 1.2
Patch MariusNet
Patch 1.3
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.4 Interface
Patch 1.5
Patch 1.7 Templates
Jon God's Bungie Map TexturesB5
Loading Patch Files Succeeded
Warning: Unable to find cutscene 'prologue'.
Establishing connection with metaserver at myth.mariusnet.com:6321...
Connected.
Running OpenGL at 1920 x 1080 (VSync ON)
Starting mesh "|bT|iam¾rlin (dark)" with 1 plugin...
Tamaerlin
Using 1.7.2 gameplay...
OpenGL: initialized with ErasePreviousFrame=0, Use32BitTextures=1, UseAppleClientStorage=1, UseDepthTest=1, UseShaders=1, UpdateCMapChunked=1
Quitting networked game...
Starting mesh "|iLike Running With Scissors" with 1 plugin...
Sieve
Using 1.7.2 gameplay...
OpenGL: initialized with ErasePreviousFrame=0, Use32BitTextures=1, UseAppleClientStorage=1, UseDepthTest=1, UseShaders=1, UpdateCMapChunked=1
Quitting networked game...
Starting mesh "|iLike Driving On The Railroad Tracks" with 1 plugin...
Sieve
Using 1.7.2 gameplay...
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Sounds like your windows keyboard layout is being changed. Do you use the "language bar" feature, or is your system setup with multiple input languages/keyboard layouts? The default hotkey to switch between input languages on windows is alt+shift, and you say it has been happening after alt tabbing, perhaps you accidentally hit shift before tab.

Sometimes an extra language can get added accidentally. If that is the case, removing the extra input languages should solve the problem. Otherwise if you do use extra languages but wish for Myth to always use the US English layout, go into Myth's preferences > controls and uncheck "Sys Key Layout".