Myth crashes when game begins.

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Mılk Man

Myth crashes when game begins.

Post by Mılk Man »

Copied myth from my old Mac Pro tower to my new MacBook Air. Both are running Lion. Except that on the Pro everything works fine, and on the MBA myth crashes every time a game starts without so much as an error message. I've trying copying myth over multiple different times and by different means. Prompt response would be appreciated, supposed to play an mwc game away from home tomorrow!

Myth log:
Loading poweruser.txt... not found.
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
Intel HD Graphics 3000 OpenGL Engine | Intel Inc. | OpenGL 2.1
Loading Patch Files...
Patch 1.2
Patch MariusNet
Patch 1.3
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.5
TFL Interface
Patch 1.7 Templates
Magma - Bungie Map Textures v1
Loading Patch Files Succeeded
Warning: Unable to find cutscene 'prologue.mov'.
Establishing connection with metaserver at myth.mariusnet.com:6321...
Connected.
Running OpenGL at 1366 x 768 (VSync ON)
Starting mesh "The Untamed Lands"...
Using 1.7.2 gameplay...
OpenGL: initialized with ErasePreviousFrame=0, Use32BitTextures=1, UseAppleClientStorage=1, UseDepthTest=1, UseShaders=1, UpdateCMapChunked=1
Error: File system Open in /Myth/Myth2Code/definitions.c, line #507: couldn't read header for collection definition '}^sK'.
Error: File system Open in /Myth/Myth2Code/bitmap_dialogs/bitmap_dialogs.c, line #1579: Unable to find dialog definiton '}^sK'.
GodzFire

Re: Myth crashes when game begins.

Post by GodzFire »

Is your local folder empty? If not, remove everything out of it. If it is, try to do a fresh 1.7.2 install, pulling from the CD and then updating using the 1.7.2 updater and see if a fresh copy has this issue.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Mılk Man wrote:Error: File system Open in /Myth/Myth2Code/definitions.c, line #507: couldn't read header for collection definition '}^sK'.
Error: File system Open in /Myth/Myth2Code/bitmap_dialogs/bitmap_dialogs.c, line #1579: Unable to find dialog definiton '}^sK'.
This means Myth can't find the interface elements for the status bar, which usually means that you have the wrong version of your patch files. Re-running the 1.7.2 updater should fix the problem.
Mılk Man

Post by Mılk Man »

So I reinstalled myth and got it to work. Everytime I added my old plugins the same problem arose, however. I realized after reading that last post that it might be a plugin I have that changes the SB interface into TFL's (I think magma itself put this out). Sure enough, once this plug was removed everything worked fine. So odd that this plugin doesn't affect myth on my other computer though. Thanks guys!