Myth TFL Cinamatics without cd?

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Deafhawk36

Myth TFL Cinamatics without cd?

Post by Deafhawk36 »

Hey I recently got a copy of Myth the total codex and have started to install Myth The Fallen Lords and I noticed the video cinamatics won't play unless I have the cd in the tray. I was wondering if there were any 3rd party patches or addons that I could get that would allow me to play the game and watch the cinamatics without the CD in the tray? any help would be appreciated :)
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Myth TFL Cinamatics without cd?

Post by Pyro »

Inside the TFL CD you should find a "cutscene.gor" file. Copy that into your Myth_TFL's "tags" folder.

For Myth2, you make a "cutscenes" folder in your Myth II folder. Then place your cutscenes from the Myth2 CD there. If you are on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux, instead of using those cutscenes from the CD you can grab the QuickTime version of the cutscenes at the Tain which of course require that you are updated to the latest version of Myth2.

There are also QuickTime (MOV) version of the TFL cutscenes. These will only work on Myth 2 while running The Fallen Levels plugin which is a port of the TFL solo levels to Myth2.
Deafhawk36

Post by Deafhawk36 »

Awesome :) thanks for the help :)
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

CUTSCENE.GOR also works with Myth II + The Fallen Levels; the Myth TFL Quicktime cutscenes are specifically for Myth II on some Mac computers (and Linux?) where the original smacker cutscenes won't play. Could that Tain entry please be updated to be more specific about which platforms the Quicktimes are needed for?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Pyro wrote:If you are on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux, instead of using those cutscenes from the CD you can grab the QuickTime version of the cutscenes at the Tain which of course require that you are updated to the latest version of Myth2.
Mac OS X can only play QuickTime cutscenes. Mac Classic can only play Smacker cutscenes. Windows can play both but will choose QuickTime over Smacker if the files are there. Linux can play both as well as MPG.