Myth on Multiple Monitors

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Industry

Myth on Multiple Monitors

Post by Industry »

Can Myth on Linux span multiple screens?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Myth on Multiple Monitors

Post by Pyro »

Myth does not really support multiple monitors very well. At least in Windows, you can have it use multiple monitors in windowed mode but not in fullscreen.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

I don't think it can support having the game span monitors. Unless SDL has some kind of setting for that.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Pyro wrote:Myth does not really support multiple monitors very well. At least in Windows, you can have it use multiple monitors in windowed mode but not in fullscreen.
Newer video cards (any of the "Eyefinity" ones from ATI or the latest from NVIDIA) can play all sorts of tricks that would allow Myth tun span multiple monitors - namely they can virtualize an array of 2-6+ monitors and present it to the game as "one big monitor". These features may or may not work on Linux though; features there tend to lag the windows drivers.

That said, I think Myth only supports up to 2560x1600 due to the way that the ingame interface gets rendered (i.e. we currently need to make a new one for each width), which is unfortunate. That may restrict usage of the feature for the time being.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

1.7.2 only supports specific resolutions, the largest one being 2560x1600. 1.8 will let you run at any resolution above 640x480. This is already implemented in the private beta builds, if you want to try it out.