myth tfl intel mac

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Lawslam

myth tfl intel mac

Post by Lawslam »

Hello,

I recently purchased the total codex box, and was able to get myth 2 up and running fine, but no luck with myth tfl. I copied the myth tfl f folder, and put the modules and tags folders inside it. Then I followed the instructions for the 1.5 update. I get this error in the log file:

Error: File system General in tag_files.c, line #2879: Unable to open a file to check if it is a tag file (is tagedit or extractor open?) Err: -43
Error: Out of Memory in screen_macintosh_gworld.c, line #155: Unable to open the background window!
handle_error: exiting with code 8

Not sure if I am doing something wrong, or this won't work on intel macs running snow leopard. Please help.
Myrd
Site Admin

Re: myth tfl intel mac

Post by Myrd »

It is possible to run TFL 1.5 on Snow Leopard (but not Lion since TFL is still PPC).

I'm not sure what the errors you're seeing mean...

In the mean time, you should try using Fallen Levels under Myth II.
Lawslam

Re: myth tfl intel mac

Post by Lawslam »

Thank you for the reply. I was able to get the fallen levels to work in myth 2. If there is an instruction list on how to properly install myth 1 on an intel mac running snow leopard, please let me know.

And major thanks to all those who have kept these games alive.