Mac Snow Leopard myth 1 & 2

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Lawslam

Mac Snow Leopard myth 1 & 2

Post by Lawslam »

Hello,

I would like to replay myth 1 & 2 on my Mac running snow leopard. I will need to repurchase these games and was curious what I should buy. On the home page it links to myth 2 worlds on amazon, and it seems there is a plugin to play myth 1 on the myth 2 engine. I have also noticed there is a release called myth total codex. Please help.
vinylrake

Re: Mac Snow Leopard myth 1 & 2

Post by vinylrake »

Myth Worlds contains Myth 2 plus a lot of 3rd party maps and plugins that you can download for free here at the Tain, or at hl.udogs.net.

The Total Codex contains both Myth 1 & Myth 2 as well as a 3rd CD containing dozens of 3rd party maps including the solo campaign "Chimera".

There is a plugin that lets you play all the standard bungie created solo and netmaps in Myth 2, there is also a plugin that contains a bunch of the most popular 3rd party Myth 1 maps converted to use in Myth 2. If you turn on the vTFL mode you and play on the converted TFL maps you will have all the Myth 1 units, physics, scenery, etc from Myth 1. Purists might say it's 'not quite the same' but the developers really spent a lot of time getting everything to work the same between the two games so it's pretty seamless and sure feels like TFL to the rest of us.

Whichever you decide to buy you will need to update them with the latest version of Myth 1 & Myth 2 available here on the Tain.

Sometimes you'll see someone advertising Myth as "PC CD-ROM" or "Mac CD" but if you don't need to worry about PC or Mac versions if you are buying the Total Codex or Myth Worlds, they were both released on cross-platform CDs.

and of course once you have Myth installed and updated, head over to mariusnet and register a free account so you can play Myth online.
Last edited by vinylrake on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

To install the game on your Mac you will need one of those CDs and the installer that comes in the latest update which can be found here, under the Updates area. The installer will grab the files from the CD and update it.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

vinylrake wrote:Myth Worlds contains Myth 2 plus a lot of 3rd party maps and plugins that you can download for free here at the Tain, or at hl.udogs.net.

The Total Codex contains both Myth 1 & Myth 2.
where is the link for WIN <<Myth in World >> at the tain or hl.udogs.net ??

about my post : http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... f=2&t=5876
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

There is no link. Myth2 Worlds is just Myth2 plus a bunch of plugins you can get at the Tain.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

Pyro wrote:There is no link. Myth2 Worlds is just Myth2 plus a bunch of plugins you can get at the Tain.
oh,I understand now, :D

"Myth Worlds" refers to himself and Myth 2 plugins that can downloade free at The Tain and the hot line Udogs.