Myth II plugin issue

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
jugglingjake

Myth II plugin issue

Post by jugglingjake »

I cannot seem to get my plugins to work. I am running Myth II 1.7.2 on OSX. I installed it from the original disk using the installer from Magma Project. I am able to play one plugin which is the Blue & Grey Level Pack V2, besides that I can load the plugins up in the game, but they do not show up in my list of playable levels. What am I doing wrong?
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: Myth II plugin issue

Post by Melekor »

Myth doesn't show all available levels by default, only the ones which follow levels which you have previously completed.

To display all levels, hold shift when you click new game or when you click "ok" in the plugins dialog.
jugglingjake

Post by jugglingjake »

Well I feel dumb. I had already tried that it showed me all the levels but I had expected the plugin games to come up in a different color because the Blue & Grey ones would show up in red so they would stand out, I didn't even have to hold shift for those to come up either. In any case, I searched through the list of all the levels while holding shift and found them in the list. Thank you! It looks like my calc homework will never get done now!
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Requiring holding shift and the color of the map names are options for the mapmaker. Some of them don't build their maps to show up without the need for the player to hold shift either for not knowing any better or forgetfulness/laziness. Once you play the level you don't need to do the hold shift trick anymore.