Resetting game progress in Myth II, Myth TFL (Fallen Levels)

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Aderlass

Resetting game progress in Myth II, Myth TFL (Fallen Levels)

Post by Aderlass »

How do I go about resetting game progress in Myth II (v1.72) or Myth TFL (the original v1.3 or the updated v1.5) back to the beginning as if I just installed the games? Is there a file I must delete or a registry setting I change? Also would the above answer apply to resetting the progress of The Fallen Levels v2, installed as a plugin for Myth II?

I'm new to Myth (yes, I guess I was under a rock somewhere...) and have recently found out that its still being updated. Just from what I've seen here, you guys (project magma) are amazing. Great work on what clearly is one of the most under-appreciated games in PC history.
Melekor
Site Admin

Re: Resetting game progress in Myth II, Myth TFL (Fallen Lev

Post by Melekor »

Welcome to Myth! :D Good to see we're still getting new players.

To answer your question: In your Myth II installation folder, there is a folder called "preferences". Inside that there should be a file called "game". Delete that and you'll reset all your progress.

For Myth TFL it's slightly different, the "game" file is located in tags/local/pref/.

(There's also a file in the folder misleadingly named "progress", but that's unrelated so ignore it)
Aderlass

Re: Resetting game progress in Myth II, Myth TFL (Fallen Lev

Post by Aderlass »

Thanks Melekor for the welcoming words and detailed answer. Appreciate it. Ironic for sure....been installing your TFL Launcher (sure is handy) on some of my systems with greater than one meg memory. Just as a change of pace, installed Myth Fallen Lords v1.3, your launcher, and Nglide on some desktops with XP, Vista, and Windows 7. Works like a charm on all of them. So now its retro with Fallen Lords v1.3 running ok with 3dfx rendering (of course, not quite as good as OpenGL) at full speed and everything full screen for the original game. like it a lot. thanks again.