D Day1944 Plugin fails

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: D Day1944 Plugin fails

Post by Pyro »

Even the folder holding all those files that you pasted says "Myth II Demo". What might have happened was, you had the full game and when you went to download the latest update you probably downloaded the demo instead. You installed it and either overwrote your Myth II files, or installed it in a different place and overwrote your shortcut to it. See if you can find a folder "Myth II" in the same folder that contains "Myth II Demo".
Flashman_28

Post by Flashman_28 »

If it is a demo why do i not get Demo in the top left corner of the menu screen

I think i started with a demo found i couldnt play plugins bought the Cd and loaded it over the top
I now have 2 Myth 2 start up icons one demo one full version
I have only been using the full version one but obviously installing over the demo has caused problems
Flashman_28

Post by Flashman_28 »

Yep i have 3 possible Myth 2 start up icons
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Yeah somehow you got them mixed up. Uninstall them and install the full version or just try to unstall the demo and see if the full one still works. If you had the demo and installed the latest update, it would look like the full version but would still be the demo.
Flashman_28

Post by Flashman_28 »

I think i remember what i did, i saw the update file sizes and thought that the demo file was larger and there for more info/maps etc, and as you say i have caused some damage to the original Version of Myth 2

Back to basics and Reinstall fresh i think
Flashman_28

Post by Flashman_28 »

thanks for your help and patience, it was the update problem, once i have reinstelled everything worked fine.