can't load/update myth 1.72 on mac OSX

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
jonnybone

can't load/update myth 1.72 on mac OSX

Post by jonnybone »

Can anyone help me? I haven't played this in 5 years or so and would like to get back to it. However I can't install the update for the cd. I select the first option to install the update directly from the cd and it says 'update failed' try different option (or something similar). Tried to install the game first and then update the folder with the second option but i get the same message. Any ideas? I should add that I think I'm using a realllly old myth 2 disk if that makes a difference. Any help appreciated would love to get back to lobbing bombs at people!
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: can't load/update myth 1.72 on mac OSX

Post by Pyro »

Maybe the update you have didn't fully download correctly. Redownload it and retry. You did download this one right?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Oh wait, I misread. I thought you meant the update failed rather than the installer. It might be that your Myth disc is too scratched up. You could try doing a manual install, just make a Myth II folder somewhere, and copy the "tags" folder from the CD into that new Myth II folder. Then run the update. If that doesn't work you will need a different CD.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

If you open Applications -> Utilities -> Console.app and then run the installer, is there a more detailed error message there (in Console)?

But most likely, your CD is probably too scratched and the installer is failing to copy tag files over.