How do I install Chimera?

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Earl Grey

How do I install Chimera?

Post by Earl Grey »

Hi, I'm that new gy that's been giggling about playing Myth again.

I've got 2 or 3 "Total Codex" box sets from back in tha day, and I'm wondering how I can install Chimera? I don't even remember how to install some of the other plug ins... durr.

I would absolutley love to get "Leggo my Myth" going again, as the voices used to crack me up. Oh, the blimps were fun...

Any advice would bring with you mucho karma from this old guy.
Thank you!

Earl Grey (aka "fredges")
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: How do I install Chimera?

Post by Pyro »

Extract the plugin from the zip or sit file. Then grab the plugin(s) and move them into your "plugins" folder located in your Myth II folder. If the plugin requires a "Patch 1.3" file to be placed, don't use it. Instead look for an updated version on that plugin on the Tain and use that one instead.

Once you have the plugins there, load up Myth2. If you had the game running when you moved the plugins into place you will need to restart Myth2. Whether you are playing single player or multiplayer, there is a Plugins button where you can enable the plugins of your choice.

For some solo/coop plugins you might need to hold Shift as you click OK after enabling the plugins to list all the levels into the list. Once you run a level, it shows up in the list without the need to hold Shift.
vinylrake

Re: How do I install Chimera?

Post by vinylrake »

If you like the Leggo units, you should check out Baak's "Leggo Anywhere" plugin, it lets you play Leggo units on HUNDREDS of 3rd party (e.g. non Leggo) maps.

Nothing like a giant 2 team battle of leggos on "If I had a Trow", or an intense 5 way Steal the Bacon Deathmatch leggo game on Knuckle of the Oasis.