Myth TFL, OpenGL bug and D3D option grayed

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
wasia

Myth TFL, OpenGL bug and D3D option grayed

Post by wasia »

Hello everybody!

I use Asus EEE PC 1000 with Intel 945 onboard video and XP SP3 installed.

I play TFT(1.5) and i have the known bug with "black screen" when use OpenGL(The game is working, sound is on, but no image - only black screen).
I cannon use Direct3D, because the option is grayed! Why is that?

What is really funny is that Myth II(1.6) works very well in both OpenGL and Direct3D options.

Any suggestions or help?
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

No "Software" either I take it?
Deqlyn

Post by Deqlyn »

this is a technical help thread for myth not TFT.... :P mb reinstall the vid drivers.
wasia

Post by wasia »

Death's Avatar wrote:No "Software" either I take it?
Software is ok. But my greedy soul wants nice filtered textures, so i wondered what can be done.

After spending 4 hours i discovered that the problem is with my video drivers drivers. "Dark-side" people from Intel&Asus poorly implemented OpenGL support. Some games(nwn/kotor) have poor fps, some dont work at all(tfl) Some(myth2) works fine :)
I've tried OpenGL wraps, one works, but with VERY low fps (5-10)
Glide emulators works well for myth2 but creepy and laggy for TFL.

So i have 2 choices:
-software TFL with great resolution(1024*600), bad textures and true gameplay.
-Direct3D myth2(the fallen levels) with lower resolution(800*600), great textures and modified gameplay.

p.s. BTW, what is with TFL Direct 3D support? can it be someway activated?
this is a technical help thread for myth not TFT....
Yeah :) i 've been working for 5 years using words like TFT, TFD, OLED, etc. Not used for TFL acronym :)
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Well, it has been a long time since Magma has worked on TFL updates, they seem to be focusing with Myth 2 these days. While it isn't what you wanted, you could play TFL solo maps on Myth 2 using The Fallen Levels plugin which can be found at the Tain.
wasia

Post by wasia »

Yes, thank you, i'm sitting in mac and trying to beat heroic no casualties on my netbook.

BTW, is there ANY way to enable 1024*600 support with Myth 2? I hate black borders at my widescreen.
ruthan

Re: Myth TFL, OpenGL bug and D3D option grayed

Post by ruthan »

I forgot, where is excatly that Direct3D / OpenGL / Software rendering settings?