Myth TFL: Question concerning Glide wrappers and Patch 1.5

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Balor's Nephew

Myth TFL: Question concerning Glide wrappers and Patch 1.5

Post by Balor's Nephew »

Hi there, Mythlers all over the world! :)

Again I felt the great desire to play my favourite pc game Myth TFL, so I used the excellent Patch 1.5 to bypass the cruel "Not enough memory" error (2 gigs of ram).

On my old laptop, I've emulated the 3dfx card by "Zeckensack's Glide Wrapper" (version 0.84c) and without Patch 1.5, but the frames are to low. So I installed it on my Athlon 3500+ with the patch. The performance is far better, but I've the impression, in OpenGl the ground textures have a bader look.

So my question is: Is there a possibility to get Myth TFL to work with 3dfx emulation AND at the same moment bypassing the Memory error (there has been a bypassing-exe for 1 gig, but that one doesn't work for more)? Or is it even possible to get it to work with 1.5 and a glide wrapper? (for there are strange grafic errors when I tried...)

A second question: I also tried the Fallen Levels in Myth II, but there seems to be a inbalance between the TFL dwarfs and the ones in Myth II. Even with the "TFL gameplay" button, there is no change (they are much too accurat in their throws).

But overall, I'm glad to see that there is such a living community for this great game. Here in Switzerland the game is mostly unknown!

Thanks a lot and best wishes :)