twin operating systems on a mac - screwed up graphics

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Will

Post by Will »

I have mac OS 9.2 and Mac OSX (10.3) currently installed on my computer. My graphics card believes there are two moniters, and it causes it to put some applications on the wrong moniter (that i dont actually have). I was trying to fix this a couple weeks ago, and I accedently switched the menu bar on OS 9.2 to the wrong moniter. As such all I had was a blank backround screen on 9.2. Basically the menu bar was on the secondary screen along with all the aps, but it was showing me the primary screen.

So I tried to fix this from OSX figuring that I could start classic and alter it in classic. When I tried moving the menu bar from the secondary screen in classic, rather than altering classic, it altered OSX and didn't effect classic. At this point, neither operating system worked and I couldn't see anything. I screwed around trying things for awhile, and eventually figured out that I needed to zap the PRAM to reset the moniter. This yeilded mixed results.

In OSX, it fixed the problem, but in os9.2 it got weird results. It moved everything EXCEPT the three disks I have (i have two hard drives, and one of them is split in two) and the menu bar. Basically, I couldn't open up new folders so if i ever closed one, it would stay closed. One of those folders was myth, and the weird thing was, that i could start it up, and since i'd already chose what screen settings I wanted, it'd show it on the secondary screen.

This was bothersom, so i tried to fix OS9.2 as well as OSX. I tried setting the start disc to OS9.2 and zapping PRAM, that didn't work, it just automatically reset to osx and reset the PRAM in osx, not 9.2, I tried screwing around with the primary and secondary screens in 9.2 from osx, didn't work...

anybody got any ideas?