1.5 bug list

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Zenasskickin

Post by Zenasskickin »

Hi

OS X.2.8 G4/500 beta 1.5 b222

1. No Myth disk requirered (which may be a feature)
2. High number of crashes going into game after loading at the wait for other players msg. in multiplayer of course
3. Lag is way up weather hosting or joining. Lots of stuff on screen = slide show
4. some plugins crash in multiplayer but work in solo play.
CIK

Post by CIK »

Guest wrote:Hi

OS X.2.8 G4/500 beta 1.5 b222

1. No Myth disk requirered (which may be a feature)
2. High number of crashes going into game after loading at the wait for other players msg. in multiplayer of course
3. Lag is way up weather hosting or joining. Lots of stuff on screen = slide show
4. some plugins crash in multiplayer but work in solo play.
1. Is always true for beta builds. And is going to be true for the final of 1.5. There is little point to keeping the feature in there.

2. Could you send me a crashlog. The time is short we are going to do the next beta in about a week or so.(cik at projectmagma.net)

3. We have made some fixes for this.

4. See #2.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I'd put money on #4 being a similar if not exact problem as Ghost and Pete are having with SotM3 + Bushido. Has anyone tried SotM3 with B&G etc yet to see if the same errors occur?
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

[color=DFC99B]
I'd put money on #4 being a similar if not exact problem as Ghost and Pete are having with SotM3 + Bushido.
Indeed it is if they are running a 3rd Party map and a Unit-Tagset.

According to Iron and the Myth logs.txt from multiplay and solo play of the same set up, the Unit-Tagset is getting loaded before the map when playing multiplayer, but loads in the correct order when playing solo.[/color]
"Do you want to be healed now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

How'd that one slip by 222 testers :roll: :: is somewhat guilty ::
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

most tagset _should_ load before the mesh plugin, however some that were specifically marked as behaving the other way around aren't loading that way in multiplayer. Hence for most of the time it'd be ok - its meshes like SotM 3 that have it wrong.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
teepens

Post by teepens »

CIK wrote:1. Is always true for beta builds. And is going to be true for the final of 1.5. There is little point to keeping the feature in there.
So, do ya mean that handy feature will be gone after the beta's done and 1.5 released? That's the most handy feature of any for those of us who much rather not have their aging CDs in there.
Gholsbane

Post by Gholsbane »

Teep, the feature he's talking about is the one that stops you running Myth without the CD/disk image. Read the sentence that came just before that.
CIK

Post by CIK »

I was ROFL when I show a guy posting a cracked version of the Public Beta on some other board I read recently. He mb forget to actually test it first to see if it even required a CD.