Installation blues

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Ali

Post by Ali »

Hi, just found my myth 2 cd again and thought id give it a go.
Looked on the web for updates and found 1.4.4 so ran the osx installation for it.
It didnt work right it crashed when ever I loaded a game. Found the problem to be that the small install 3.4 mb is recognised as Warrior Kings Data.
How can I change this?
It keeps crashing during playing when I use the small install tag from myth 1.3 (34 mb) so to play i need to change this tag (I hope).
Im on OSX 10.1.5
StoneCold
Site Admin

Post by StoneCold »

Reinstall Myth II - When done.. download the 1.5 Public update and when done installing the Myth II application will set the right permissions/settings for the tags. This should work for you.. let me know if there's anything you need help on
The Beast

Post by The Beast »

Ta Stone Cold,
Its all recognised by M2 but there is another problem.
Now at various stages while playing the OSX spinning circle appears and the game freezes, then it goes back to the mouse and the music continues but the game is frozen and I can't force quit so I have to reset the mac.

Also on some of my other games an error occurs under osx 10 saying there is a shared library error
<IndirectX CW8 Release><OpenGLLibrary><glBlendEquation>
Launch failed with error code -2807

Could this be related to the problems with myth?
Can you help?
StoneCold
Site Admin

Post by StoneCold »

Hmm.. I've never heard about problems like that.. I advise going into Disk Utility and fixing your permissions.. If that fails.. there's really nothing you can do except upgrade to OS X 10.3.. it's the most stable OS out to date and you'll be pleased with it..
The Beast

Post by The Beast »

Thanks again,

Im planning on upgrading to 10.3 soon but ive found that myth runs fine when using software rendering so it looks like open gl is broke so i guess a clean install of the drivers wont go amiss.

Its good to see that people aren't going to let a good old game like myth just die out and are even prepared to spend time improving it, your work is appreciated.