1.5 bungie

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Orderless bastard

Post by Orderless bastard »

I just did the auto installer, and when I try to connect to playmyth it is trying to connect me to bungie......any suggestions as to what to do?
StoneCold
Site Admin

Post by StoneCold »

What OS are you running on?

Make sure you have PlayMyth v1.2.1 and PMI_(filename) in your plugins folder. Also, make sure the "bungienet" file in your preferences folder is no longer there.. it should be called "metaserver" now.

If you dont have the metaserver file present.. try tossing the prefs folder and reinstalling..
Orderless bastard

stone man you are always right on top of shit to help me out amigo. Thanks and its 98. I am going to try what you said right now and see if it works.
Orderless bastard

ok i tossed in a pmi file, the ww2 one. And I dont see anywhere that I ever had a 1.2.1 version in any folder. The bungie net in prefs is gone, and is replaced with metaserver. Still when I go to log on its says bungie net.
Orderless bastard

Well I have gotten no where with this. It is still trying to connect to bungie.....I am on 98 windows. What should I see in plugs and prefs? and is there smoethin other than that i could be missing?
fear

Post by fear »

The plugin called Playmyth v1.2.1 in your plugins folder previously OB should have been moved into the metaservers/playmyth folder. That may seem to be your problem.(as you said you saw no 1.2.1 file).. If its not there, try what SC said and delete the entire prefs folder(which means u'll have to redo your keys, screen, ect.) and do the installer again. If all else fails, grab the manual installer and drag the metaserver folder over and delete all Playmyth folders besides the one you want(which seems to be WWII)
"Be Yourself, Screw Reputation"
Orderless bastard

i downloaded 1.2.1 again and when I open it it opens with 1.2 and 1.3? wtf am I so stupid that I am missing something here? I keep downloading the 1.2.1 and there is no 1.2.1.
msheets

Post by msheets »

Try switching servers, that should enable any plugins you need.

(Hit the change servers button and choose one of the playmyth options.
- Infininight #CP#V
Orderless bastard

switching servers????????? are you talkin bout tcp/ip or bungie? what do you mean switching servers.
Orderless bastard

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU PEOPLE PUT THIS PATCH OUT AS A SELF EXTRACTOR AND IT DOES NOT WORK???????? All I have done is dl the self extracting file and now im screwed. How can you people not have a god damn clue of what I am talking about??? I know of 4 other people that are not online that have the exact same problem I have, so its not like its a one time error.

My disc is scratched and am now having trouble loading the tags, so reloading myth does not appear to be a option.......is this somethin mb someone could spend more than 10 sec trying to help me fix or what?
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Mac or PC your plugins folder should have All of these files. (The PMI_ can be a different name than RockOn, Just make sure you have a PMI_ file)

If any are missing, you won't be able to login and play on PlayMyth with 1.5. Also, delete your preferences folder, just for safety
fear

Post by fear »

about the server switcher that people were suggesting..

and the playmyth plugin.. I've uploaded it for you. Not the PMI interface, but just the playmyth v1.2.1..

OTHER PEOPLE DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK UNLESS VERY NECESSARY AS I DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH BANDWIDTH MY ISP ALLOWS
Playmyth v1.2.1 Plugin (zip file) 374k
fear

Post by fear »

This is what I have in my folder and it works fine

My Myth 1.5 Folder(renamed as I have a folder set up for 1.4.x as well)
Now, open your metaserver folder and see if these are there..
And then open your Playmyth folder inside that folder and see if these are there.

I also have my Playmyth v1.2.1 file inside of my plugins folder. My PMI Interface is in plugins as well, and my 1.4 Interface(because I use Chimera Interface)

See if these help.. (the link for Playmyth file is in last post)
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Orderless, do a search under your Myth 2 folder for the file "PlayMyth v1.2.1". If you find it, copy it to your Myth 2 plugins folder. Its because this file is missing that its trying to connect to Bungie.net.

If you don't find the file anywhere, get the PlayMyth plugin from www.playmyth.net. I hope this makes things clearer.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
fear

Post by fear »

I helped him get on last night Iron. The pics of the server swapper helped him get on, but then all games were red. From what it seems, the auto installer is putting 2 PMI files into plugins folder.. It's causing red games. I don't know that for sure tho cuz I used the manual.