Issues with your new patch - No description, plz read

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Nitro

Post by Nitro »

My computer works much slower now. Alt tabbing taks 5 seconds, more when in game less when in lobby. It seems to be that computer yields too much power to myth and the option in preferenced regarding this doesnt do anything different to help the problem.

I posted a bug report about my low fps. 1 fps in a clash game on a 1.5Ghz, 386 ddr ram and geforce2 64mb card.

beta 1.5 helps nvidia cards?? hmmm...so what am i supposed to do until you make a new beta?
Nitro

Post by Nitro »

I checked with task manager when myth was running. It appears that myth uses 95% + of the systems power even when running in the backround, eg. now that am typing this.

am on win xp btw.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

1 fps ... wow ok. The beta helps OpenGL on nVidia cards, so its a Mac thing. Btw Myth has always used most of the CPU even when alt-tabbed out.

Re the low fps, can you watch a film of a game where you had it really slow & see if it happens on replay? What fps did you get previously on 1.4.4?
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Nitro

Post by Nitro »

Not really iron, whenever i checked task manager while myth running i would never get a 99% usage of system resources because at 99% computer starts lagging a lot.

Anyway things appear to be ok now, alt tabbing is fine and i no longer get insanely low fps.

With 1.4.4 i was getting like 50+ fps when in battle and probably more when not.

Should it happen again, i know where to come bitching :)
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

hehe yes sure, feel free to bitch anytime :) Do you have any idea why the lag disappeared?
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Nitro

Post by Nitro »

hmm...i didnt do anything really. Maybe because i rsed computer and myth?

It could have been like a one time thing but goes away when myth is rsed like the preference hting making u crash the 1st time.