Type 12, no matter what - Type 12 killed my inner child

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

I'm trying to make a plugin out of an as-yet unfinished local folder (cough, Freedom, cough). Everytime I tried to do it, a Type 12 error came up. Halfway through figuring out which tag was causing the error, Fear died altogether. Now, no matter if I use an empty local folder, dump all my preferences, steal Cid's version of Fear... Nothing works! I can't do anything now.

I can't reinstall Fear from my Myth CD, it's so scratched that it's useless apart from having in to play Myth with. Is there any way, at all, to convince Fear to work for me?
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

wow. well first up, what are you running? I know the PC versions of fear are available for download. Where, on the other hand, I'm not sure.
Horus

Post by Horus »

If your running a Mac have you tried getting, the updated Fear which isn't found on your disk?

Note type 12 can also happen when a tag cannot find what it is linked to ie, a monster tag not being able to find the collection tag it is linked to.

Also you might have deleted a Myth required tag such as the Warrior monster tag, which would screw up everything since it's based mainly in the cds large tag, also read and write images are nasty when you delete something in Fear on the Large tag because it really does delete it.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

heh, I figured it out. Some postgame tag was giving me grief, can't imagine why (it did have a funny name though).

Thanks.
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em