New myth iii build

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
CIK

Post by CIK »

The current Myth III build is up at http://myth.mjwire.com. No fancy installer or anything yet. But for people with expired Betas this should do the trick.

I will continue to post new builds monthly or so to this page until Myth III develop picks up then we will do weekly updates.
clem

Post by clem »

Excellent work as always pbucher. The app won't launch in any 10.3 or 10.2.8 os.

You're history of releasing untested builds is becoming legendary. Your new home is fitting.
lank

Post by lank »

troll alert?
*toot*
Akuma

Post by Akuma »

No luck on Win XP Pro SP1 either. I get the following message:

Myth3.exe - Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because OpenPlay.dll was not found. Re-installed the application may fix this problem.

I wonder if it would do any good to try reinstalling M3 from CD first? I kinda doubt it because the Mac players are getting OpenPlay-related errors too. I am also considering installing SP2, but since everything else on my system is running fine, I'd hate to mess with it. Someone did at least launch the new build on both a typical Mac and PC system before sending it out, right? I would be happy to do such a test on the PC side if there are no developers available with Win XP Pro systems.
Horus

Post by Horus »

Clem unhelpful critisim is not wanted, if you don't have anything worth while to say then go away.
CIK

Post by CIK »

Ok I've added the required OpenPlay modules to the download page.

PlayMyth & Have Fun.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Yay lets start a flame war Clem! :/ Why even bother with a post like that Rick....what's the point.....just because these guys are doing a great job doesnt mean you should have to stick your pole in here and stir shit up.
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

Flame Bait^. I hope the clem fish don't bite on it!

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard
lank

Post by lank »

it would be interesting, but indeed; hopefully no biting on flamebait. :)

clem was trolling just to be abusive. if we flag him as a troll but otherwise ignore him he'll hopefully get the hint and either go away or start posting more constructive stuff. i imagine the latter, since he doesn't tend to offer much that's solely constructive to anyone he doesn't actually already like.

my two cents, anyway...

to reiterate: let clem post, but DON'T bite. one person at a time telling him a troll and everyone else ignoring him is enough. if he decides to change tune and become a little more constructive, then great, but i doubt anyone's holding their breath for that.

Edited By lank on 1080876810
*toot*
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

heh, so enough responding about it already :)
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
lank

Post by lank »

about what? :p

:;):

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>edited to add:</span>

<!--me&lank--><span id='ME'><center>lank stops hijacking the thread, since he has stuff all to do with m3.</center></span><!--e-me-->

Edited By lank on 1080877988
*toot*
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Suppose I should dl this new build....however if what sir stufflebean says is true, it wont work in os 10.3.3...gunna look into that :) I think Magma should start a myth3 night....after 1.5 comes out of course :) Try and revive stuff a tad....make it official and the players will come.
SiliconDream

Post by SiliconDream »

Works great on my 10.3.3 now.
--SiliconDream
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

I think a Myth 3 night would be a great idea, since I am going to install my copy of Myth 3 tonight with the new patches! Also, I have a quick question. Does that patch fix everything else in the other patches, since I still have Myth 3 1.0?

The patch works great, I'm about to play Myth 3 multiplayer with Dante!

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard