Soulblighter bug

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Mark Woods

Post by Mark Woods »

Hi

I'm trying to complete the second to last level (I think) in Myth II SB. You have to attack SB over a river. At the end, a black ghost type character attacks me with a special attack and the game quits to the desktop. Does anyone no whats going on? If so are there any work arounds or fixes planned for the future. Someone told me that this is a known bug but didn't tell me how to get around it.

My system is :

HARDWARE : Athlon 2000 xp, 512 MB RAM (pc2700, ddr), Geforce 4 ti 4200 (128 mb),
SOFTWARE : Win XP Pro, Nvidia detonator FX drivers

Any Help/Info would be very much appriciated.

Thanks

Mark
StoneCold
Site Admin

Post by StoneCold »

Try it again and when it crashes.. look in myth_log.txt in your Myth II directory.
Mark Woods

Post by Mark Woods »

This is all it says in it :

2004-03-24 17:10:40 Myth II 1.4.4 Build 126 running under Win98 ----------------------------------------------
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for Direct3D devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for 3Dfx devices...
Found 0 to use
Using GDI for Input
Mouse appears to have 5 buttons and 3 axes.
Initialized for DirectSound3D using COM
Running Software at 800 x 600, 16 bit
Starting mesh "Twice Born"...
Quitting single player game...
Closing Myth...

The only wierd thing I can see is it says running under Win98 while I'm running WinXP.
El Tainted Blissarino

Post by El Tainted Blissarino »

Another bug, but I didn't want to start a new thread:

I've seen this on PG & KG...not on other maps I don't think...but whatever...

The game starts, someone drops, but their units are all there in a ghost like state...when you attack those units, other units die on the map.

Film: www.willamette.edu/~dterzagh/kgbug.zip

Also, are you planning on fixing the bug that happens when a cap drops and the team ends up with NUT? It'd save tons of rehost time if you could find some way to pass the unit trading onto the second in command, rather than just giving them default units.

Cheers!
I'm not into that whole "brevity" thing.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Mark, the crashing bug you're experiencing has been around since Myth 2 was first released. If you play that level using software rendering you'll be fine. Our windows programmer is working on a fix, but I don't expect it to be easy.

Hey TB ... I've seen a film of that problem with ghost units - its pretty amusing but certainly not desired behaviour. At present I'm afraid there's no fix - if we have time during the beta period we'll look into it & see what we can do. Ditto with the captain dropping problem.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

TB, I think this bug is fixed for the upcoming 1.5 release. It's the same bug that made units sometimes remain when a team is eliminated in assassin, and its fixed in 1.5.

Edited By Myrd on 1080171229
Mark Woods

Post by Mark Woods »

Thanks Iron. I was going to try playing it in software rendering mode but I thought it wouldn't help because I didn't think it was a rendering bug.

BTW a wierd thing about the bug is if the game is saved before the black shadow thingy does the secondary attack; when the save game is restored the game doesn't crash. I don't know if the windows programmer knows this or not but it might be helpful info for debugging.

Thanks again.

Mark

P.S I see that you guys are developing OpenGL support fot TFL. That will be awesome.
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

Who needs TFL when you have vTFL with OpenGL graphics already!

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard
Mark Woods

Post by Mark Woods »

What's vTFL
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

vTFL is TFL Gameplay incorporated into Myth 2. It uses the TFL units and physics. Also, ProjectMagma has ported the TFL levels and the multiplayer maps for Myth 2 for vTFL.

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard
CIK

Post by CIK »

The crashing bug on Twice Born using Direct3d is fixed as of Build 220, which is still a work in progress. It has something to do with the D3D texture cache and one of the textures failing to load correctly.
Mark Woods

Post by Mark Woods »

CIK : I look foward to that build being released.

Krusadar : I wondered what the significance of the vTFL button was in my SB menu. I'm still looking foward to TFL with OpenGL so I can complete it with the story.
ChrisP

Post by ChrisP »

Mark, if you download "The Fallen Levels", available on this site, you can play the entire TFL story and levels from within Myth 2.
William Wallet

Post by William Wallet »

Magma - is there anything they CAN'T do? (apart from time travel.)
Okay I got the models but now I'm too dumb to do anything with 'em
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

William Wallet wrote:Magma - is there anything they CAN'T do? (apart from time travel.)
Actually I can time travel (but I haven't mastered it yet, I can only go like .5 seconds into the past or future which doesnt do much good)