Playmyth ports - Is there an option..?

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

At my college network... for some reason I can't get on PlayMyth after 7pm Central time. I wasn't able to get on AIM after 7pm either until I changed the port it used. Is there a way I can change the port Myth uses to get on PlayMyth so I can play at nights when I'm on campus?

-Pyro
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

hmm, this might be a good wishlist item...
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Good idea Doobie.... Does anybody know at least what port Myth 2 uses for PlayMyth? Or a way I can find out which port Myth2 uses on my PC?
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

My guess is that Myth chooses a random, high-numbered port for its outgoing packets like most other programs, but I'm not sure.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

I'm pretty sure bungie.net used to use port 3453
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

Did anyone have problems with the Myth server last night? A game I was in crashed, taking every player in that game to the desktop or lobby 5 straight times! Is the new server going through maintenance, or is it just a bug/lag?

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

how many players were in that game Kru? The Wolf mentioned a similar crashing bug, but he said he thought it was due to the 16 players in the room....similar error for you? It could very well be a bug :/ Likely server side though.
SCORCH

Post by SCORCH »

[color=D7B35B]There were 15 people in the game wolf hosted, I have the film if it is of any use.
The film dose crash, though im not sure if it crashes on load or after.[/color]
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

Correct OtA, Myth uses 3453 to recieve incoming packets when hosting a multiplayer game. But I was under the impression that Pyro was unable to even connect to the playmyth.net meta server. That seems to indicate to me that the admins who manage his network have locked down not only the incoming ports, but outgoing as well.
KyleMaclean.net