TFL for macOS Sierra?

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
AndyRainson

TFL for macOS Sierra?

Post by AndyRainson »

Hi, I own the cd of Myth TFL.
Can it be installed on macOS Sierra 10.12.6?

thanks
Andy
Deceiver

Re: TFL for macOS Sierra?

Post by Deceiver »

Yes it can :) however I'm unsure of high sierra that will be released on monday.

sincerely
Thank you all for keeping one of the greatest Mac games ever created, alive.
erileykc

Post by erileykc »

Just bought a 2016 MacBook Pro with OS 10.12.6 installed. Copied everything from my previous Mac with the migration utility including Myth 1.8.1. Myth launches fine and games open but I can't control units or even select them. Best I can do is do a 'select all' with the return key. Anyone have a solution for this os is Mac OS Sierra the end of the line for Myth?
Yankee
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

erileykc wrote:Just bought a 2016 MacBook Pro with OS 10.12.6 installed. Copied everything from my previous Mac with the migration utility including Myth 1.8.1. Myth launches fine and games open but I can't control units or even select them. Best I can do is do a 'select all' with the return key. Anyone have a solution for this os is Mac OS Sierra the end of the line for Myth?
Seems you're talking about Myth II, not Myth: TFL - given the version number 1.8.1. I have High Sierra too and 1.8.1 seems to work fine. If you're still seeing issues, can you post contents of your myth_log.txt? Also, try clearing your Myth II preferences and restarting your computer. Let us know if any of those work.
erileykc

Post by erileykc »

Yea, just dropped it into the existing thread coz I was too lazy to make my own. Issues are with both Myth 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 build 437. OS versions are Mac 10.11 and 10.12. Opening Myth causes me to lose mouse control. I have to drop back to the Mac Finder to regain the mouse pointer and then can click back into the Myth start screen and continue. Once starting a game I occasionally can't select units with the mouse pointer but can select 'all' with the return key. The pointer is controllable so not entirely like the no pointer issue at start. This happens almost all the time with 1.8.1 and half the time with 1.8.2

Myrd wrote: Seems you're talking about Myth II, not Myth: TFL - given the version number 1.8.1. I have High Sierra too and 1.8.1 seems to work fine. If you're still seeing issues, can you post contents of your myth_log.txt? Also, try clearing your Myth II preferences and restarting your computer. Let us know if any of those work.
Last edited by erileykc on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yankee
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

What computer model are you using? Do you use a trackpad or an external mouse? Also, how do you launch Myth - via the Dock, from the Finder, Launchpad, search box?

Can you post contents of your myth_log.txt?

Also, try clearing your Myth II preferences and restarting your computer. Let us know if any of those work.