Mission Control Hot Corners bother in-game experience

A forum for solving problems that might be encountered during installation, updating, or in game.
Deceiver

Mission Control Hot Corners bother in-game experience

Post by Deceiver »

First of all, I want to thank everyone who's keeping this amazing game alive and also improving it, I can't thank you guys enough. Seriously.

Secondly I was wondering if its possible to fix so that the hot corners that are active in OS X (Yosemite) doesn't bother in-game experience. For instance when I have my mouse on top left corner I get the notification center to pop up. That also happens in the middle of the game if. It sucks for me having to disable all those hot corners and enabling them again after I play. Is there a small fix for this?

Also If I could help with servers (100/100 Mbit) that could help project magma, let me know.

Sincerely.
Thank you all for keeping one of the greatest Mac games ever created, alive.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Mission Control Hot Corners bother in-game experience

Post by Pyro »

I did some searching and found an alternative that could help you. While having Myth disable it would be ideal, this other option could help in the meantime.

This page explains how to alter your hot corners to require pressing a modifier key (Shift, Ctrl, Option, Cmd). You don't need to disable them or worry about accidently activating them during a game with this method.
Deceiver

Post by Deceiver »

Thanks, yeah its a good tip.. not ideal but its good.

Are there any changes being made to myth now from the developers working on it? improvements etc? many people playing still, what servers are active etc etc?

i asked a bungie spokesperson on twitter the other day to make a new myth and the only reply was "UrkMcGurk: @ppanah We don't own Myth! D:"
I wonder if they would have, if they owned it :>
Pyro wrote:I did some searching and found an alternative that could help you. While having Myth disable it would be ideal, this other option could help in the meantime.

This page explains how to alter your hot corners to require pressing a modifier key (Shift, Ctrl, Option, Cmd). You don't need to disable them or worry about accidently activating them during a game with this method.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Developers are always working on a new version (more or less). Assuming they are still planning a next version I haven't seen any announcements of what enhancements they have planned for the next version.

No not many people playing Myth online these days. Mostly hardcore competitive gamers. The loudest and stupidest of whom attack anyone and everyone they think isn't playing up to their l337 level (think GamerGate but without the gender bias) then complain that no one is playing Myth anymore and don't see any connection between their behavior and the shrinking pool of players. (that's a small minority of players, but as the player pool shrinks they are a lot more noticeable).

The only game server that's currently active is gateofstorms.net. You can play anonymously or signup for a free account.

i doubt Bungie would make a new Myth, ever since Halo they seem pretty focused on trying to create massively popular games rather than great games and are too willing to compromise.
Deceiver

Post by Deceiver »

Yeah, I played online a few times, can't remember what server but there were mostly hardcore gamers and they were rude too which kinda turned me off.

And re Bungie, yeah I agree.. not so much focused on making a great game. Ah well, time to play myth 2 story mode heh...
vinylrake wrote:Developers are always working on a new version (more or less). Assuming they are still planning a next version I haven't seen any announcements of what enhancements they have planned for the next version.

No not many people playing Myth online these days. Mostly hardcore competitive gamers. The loudest and stupidest of whom attack anyone and everyone they think isn't playing up to their l337 level (think GamerGate but without the gender bias) then complain that no one is playing Myth anymore and don't see any connection between their behavior and the shrinking pool of players. (that's a small minority of players, but as the player pool shrinks they are a lot more noticeable).

The only game server that's currently active is gateofstorms.net. You can play anonymously or signup for a free account.

i doubt Bungie would make a new Myth, ever since Halo they seem pretty focused on trying to create massively popular games rather than great games and are too willing to compromise.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Highly doubtful if there will be any future updates save for updating it if a new version of Windows or OSX completely breaks it.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

GodzFire wrote:Highly doubtful if there will be any future updates save for updating it if a new version of Windows or OSX completely breaks it.
What is behind this statement?

Trolling?

Some kind of bizarre reverse psychology to get the devs to make a new version faster?

I know it isn't based on inside knowledge of the update process, because you clearly haven't got any of that. The next update is under development.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Melekor wrote:
GodzFire wrote:Highly doubtful if there will be any future updates save for updating it if a new version of Windows or OSX completely breaks it.
What is behind this statement?

Trolling?

Some kind of bizarre reverse psychology to get the devs to make a new version faster?

I know it isn't based on inside knowledge of the update process, because you clearly haven't got any of that. The next update is under development.
The last release was back in June or July of last year. Since then there hasn't been one build/alpha release for a new version. Those observations are what I draw my statement from. Technically the next update occurred right after the second hotfix for 1.8 was released and more are happening, however those at least haven't been seen in the Private Testers area, that's all.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Then why don't you just post that instead of extrapolating it out to infinity with a negative spin. Makes it sound like you are trolling or spreading FUD.

As for the private testers forum, we probably aren't using it in this dev cycle. Pyro was doing 99% of the testing anyways, and when we need more testers we'll probably create a new public testers forum where everyone can participate.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Deceiver wrote:Are there any changes being made to myth now from the developers working on it? improvements etc? many people playing still, what servers are active etc etc?
Yes, there are changes that are being worked on. It mostly depends on what the developers want to work on since it is after all a hobby. It can depend on how they view a change. If they see a change will be fun to code or simply good to have, then they are more likely to make it.

Since gameplay is almost never touched, that leaves less and less changes to make as they cross out the more obvious improvements like bug fixes and non-gameplay related improvements. Free time is also a factor. People are busier these days so new stuff gets added slower. Which means bigger features take longer to implement.

There is also no real deadlines. So a long time can go by before they feel the urge to code again right after a new release (like 1.8.0). It can take even longer if nothing is truly broken for them to fix as soon as possible.
Deceiver wrote:Yeah, I played online a few times, can't remember what server but there were mostly hardcore gamers and they were rude too which kinda turned me off.
It isn't always like that. It is true there are still a bunch of rude players left, but if you stick around long enough you can come across the ones that aren't like that. Usually some of the players that are less likely to be rude are the ones that play more coop than ffa or team games. Try playing at different times and different days. Also, if you go to Gate of Storms and click on Metaserver, you can see who is online and in what room. It can help if you are looking for certain players or just to know if there are more than a handful of players on.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Problem is Myrd, who was always the lead OSX dev guy, is now very busy with his life at Google, and the two remaining main devs are both Windows based, so another/new OSX dev is sorely needed. Hell, any more devs would be appreciated I'd think.

But then again I'm just a lowly peon.
Deceiver

Post by Deceiver »

Melekor wrote:Then why don't you just post that instead of extrapolating it out to infinity with a negative spin. Makes it sound like you are trolling or spreading FUD.

As for the private testers forum, we probably aren't using it in this dev cycle. Pyro was doing 99% of the testing anyways, and when we need more testers we'll probably create a new public testers forum where everyone can participate.
That is great news (that it's still being developed) and I would gladly participate and help out as much as I can.