Overrides Monster Collection

A forum for discussing map making ideas and problems for the Myth series.
Crusher_420_69

Overrides Monster Collection

Post by Crusher_420_69 »

Hi guys,

I noticed in the documentation for version 1.8.1 there's a new flag in the Artifact tag that's called "Overrides Monster Collection." However, I'm completely unable to find it in Fear, and the last flag in the list for me is still "Doesn't override Monster Effect Modifiers." I also don't see "Projectile Pickup Adds Charges" or "Charges Drop As Ammo Projectiles" in the flags list. I've downloaded the 1.8.1 patch and installed it into a fresh Myth2 directory but my Fear and Loathing .exe's still both say 1.8 after their names. I'm using Windows 7. Has any other Windows user been able to see the "Overrides Monster Collection" flag in their Artifact tags in Fear?

Thanks a lot. :)
hmp

Re: Overrides Monster Collection

Post by hmp »

I hadn't noticed before, but no I also don't have those flags in fear. Use oak instead if you need to edit those flags.
Point

Post by Point »

using Oak instead of fear comes with risks... also using difference versions of fear can mess up tags ... though sometimes is needed to get the desired effects. I recommend always having a back up to your local folder since the fear features have changed sometimes changing check boxes affects multiple things, sometimes to pleasant results others not so much.

Good luck.
if one does not learn from the failings of the past they are likely to suffer its return.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

That setting can be found in the Artifact tags. Check in Oak as it has it while Fear, if I recall was not updated since Oak was absorbing it.